• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Magazine Hoarding

Cliff R

I had a Taurus PT-92 briefly around 2000 but never fired it.  Can't even remember where it came from or went to,  probably traded it off at a Gun Show.  I never really spent any time with it at all,  just figured it was a "knock-off" of the Beretta........

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Lane said:

Did you re-finish that thing or something? Too clean for 1,100 rounds? Or was that on day 1?

Never been refinished.  There's some surface rust that showed up on it, after letting it sit too long, and that's been rubbed down with oil, and eliminated - but it still shows on the slide and hammer, when you look at them closely.   All surfaces have been treated with JB-80 now, so rust will never ever be a problem in the future for it.

1100 rounds was the very first Saturday I ever took it out, right after I picked it up from the gun shop.  It's over 10k rounds, total.  Never a hiccup out of that pistol. 

11 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Is that some gear oil from @JBMatt?

Kinda, yes.  Not gear oil treatment, but TWICE AS GOOD as WD-40!!!   :hail:  Blows away PB Blaster for a penetrating oil, too, by FAR.    And I do get it from @JBMatt

JB 80 Spray Lube 13 OZ – SawSuppliers.com

https://justicebrothers.com/products/industrial/jb-80/

I use it everyday at work, and keep a can in my range box for "BCG LUBE WHEN YOU NEED SOMETHING NOW!"...   Just used it today at work, to loosen the rusted ass brake cable adjustment nuts on a 1983 Honda ATC-200E Big Red.  38 year old ATC...  Worked like a charm, too.  Zap it, let it sit for 5 minutes, free'd up those corroded nuts/threaded brake rods.

Cool thing about the JB-80 - it eliminates acids in your fingers. Silicone spray won't do that.  Use that fancy gun-company silicone-infused gun rag on your blued shotgun barrels - then touch them and put them in the safe.  6 months later, you have your rusted fingerprints on that barrel.  JB-80 kills acids.  Wipe the blued surfaces with that stuff, and you can two-fisted man-handle those blued parts, and THROW them in the safe - the acids in/on your skin, the JB-80 eats it. 

That's why I treated that oldass PT-92 with it, after I had rust on those blued parts.  :hail:

Edited by 98Z5V

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Kinda, yes.  Not gear oil treatment, but TWICE AS GOOD as WD-40!!!   :hail:  Blows away PB Blaster for a penetrating oil, too, by FAR.    And I do get it from @JBMatt

JB 80 Spray Lube 13 OZ – SawSuppliers.com

https://justicebrothers.com/products/industrial/jb-80/

I use it everyday at work, and keep a can in my range box for "BCG LUBE WHEN YOU NEED SOMETHING NOW!"...   Just used it today at work, to loosen the rusted ass brake cable adjustment nuts on a 1983 Honda ATC-200E Big Red.  38 year old ATC...  Worked like a charm, too.  Zap it, let it sit for 5 minutes, free'd up those corroded nuts/threaded brake rods.

Cool thing about the JB-80 - it eliminates acids in your fingers. Silicone spray won't do that.  Use that fancy gun-company silicone-infused gun rag on your blued shotgun barrels - then touch them and put them in the safe.  6 months later, you have your rusted fingerprints on that barrel.  JB-80 kills acids.  Wipe the blued surfaces with that stuff, and you can two-fisted man-handle those blued parts, and THROW them in the safe - the acids in/on your skin, the JB-80 eats it. 

That's why I treated that oldass PT-92 with it, after I had rust on those blued parts.  :hail:

You been holding out on me brother! :bitchslap: That's some good info there!:thumbup: