• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Suggestions for 308 butt stock mag pouch?

49 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Any know what may fit theA2 stock on my AR10 that'll hold a 20 round 308 mag? Something like this 

Screenshot_20210426-232244.jpg

.308AR mag is gonna be too wide to stuff in that thing, brother.  No-Worky.  A 20-round PMag, loaded weighs 2lbs, too - you wanna add that to your buttstock, that weight?

9 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

.308AR mag is gonna be too wide to stuff in that thing, brother.  No-Worky.  A 20-round PMag, loaded weighs 2lbs, too - you wanna add that to your buttstock, that weight?

I was just looking for an easy option to tote easily accessible  1 extra mag while stocking through fields. Groundhog hunting.  Small EDC pouch I pictured above will do the trick, it'll fit on pack or belt easy enough

1 minute ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Border "coyote " or the standard 4 legged type? Crosshairs don't care

I get after those 4-legged mangy, hairy fuckers, whenever I can. 

But, we can go south of here, if you want.   It ain't that far.   :popcorn:

4 minutes ago, DNP said:

That is a beautiful spot to shoot. Got room for a trailer...need an extra care-taker out there?

It's a nice semi flat open space.i think 1500 yards is the farthest straight away you can shoot. A few fields are 540 to  730 yard distances (depending upon where we set up) wind isn't usually much an issue either. 

15 hours ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

A few fields are 540 to  730 yard distances (depending upon where we set up) wind isn't usually much an issue either. 

Wind is my "big unknown" out here in the desert dirt.  This way today, that way tomorrow.  2 , 25, whatever in between.   This way out to 500, but then it changes before the 850. It swirls like a mini-tornado after that... 

You're in a good place, if you're avoiding wind - KEEP that place!...  :thumbup::hail:

13 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Wind is my "big unknown" out here in the desert dirt.  This way today, that way tomorrow.  2 , 25, whatever in between.   This way out to 500, but then it changes before the 850. It swirls like a mini-tornado after that... 

You're in a good place, if you're avoiding wind - KEEP that place!...  :thumbup::hail:

I can see that Tasmanian devil wind you have being a challenge!