• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

long wait for RRA products

unforgiven

Just got my RRA standard operator had a operator stock put on with winter guard,and ambi-safety.Waited about 4 mos. Compared to what I have read not that long ordered from legal transfers @att.net Pete the ar wizard, he beat my ar guy by $300.00.Considering he's in NH. and I'm in northwest Indiana.He said Rock River was backed up for .308,glad I waited rifle is bad ass.Uses Fn Fal mags found some at towns gun shop in a dusty box cleaned them up with CLP so far so good Wolf has replacement springs available.Got lucky @ $10.00 a mag.Got a RRA coyote everytime I pull the trigger they go bang.God bless America,shoot on bros.

They're okay on parts, but on anything they have to assemble, it takes quite awhile.  They've got a section on their website about Wait Times, but that's not accurate (much longer tthan stated).

I've got parts on order from them right now, so I'll try to pay attention to how long that takes.  It's stated to "ship in 7~10 business days, if the parts are in stock," so we'll see how that goes.  For some reason, last time I ordered parts from them, it seemed a little faster, but still not what I'd call fast, by any stretch of the imagination.

Hang in thier guys I think products are worth it.But then so does any one with thier favorite brand of ar everyone is very passionate about the brand they chose and thats ok with proper care it's all good.Where can I find good .308 ammo at .50 cents a round or less? Eventually will reload haven't yet wife thinks I'll blow up house.At least I finally got her to shoot as a nurse she has seen the results of being shot though many of the scumbags had it coming.

Where can I find good .308 ammo at .50 cents a round or less?

That's a stretch, brother, at the very best.  MilSurp is about all you'll find at that kinda price.  Finding it for $10 a box of 20 is a thing of the past, for commercial ammo anymore.  Some of the better deals you find, as far as price goes will be somewhere between $14~$16 a box of twenty, on sale - unless you're buying bulk (500~1,000 rounds at a time).  Hell, it's not uncommon to find the high quality ammo for $2 a round, when you're buying by the 20 rd box. 

• 1 month later...

Hello from the midwest brother Big, if its a stock rifle shouldn't be bad[hopefully] Lar-8s were hot and heavy this summer,had extras put on my standard operator and waited bout 4 mos. which wasn't bad compared to some of the other guys.IMO it will be worth the wait, a few of the other guys here also have RRA products and we are all very happy with them.Hang in there bro.Shoot on. <thumbsup>

• 3 months later...

When I started my "AR10" build,,,I didn't know about different mfg parts not fitting together.

So, I had bought a DPS bbl in 260 rem, because I knew 260 bbls were hard to find.  Then asked my wife ( who got me into this whole thing,LOL!!) to order the "other" parts to put it together.  She orderede the RR because she thought them well made ( after 30 years of being married to me, a gunsmith) she knows quality from poop.

Got the local gunshop to order the parts, told the wife I wanted to be surprised, and didn't want to know what she ordered, and just waited.

Don't really know how long I waited, but the shop called, and said my parts were in, it was like Christmas!!!!!!

Been very happy ever since!

Everything has been well worth the wait!

Respectfully

Terry

Just talked with the gun shop I'm dealing with. Day 105, had him call the RRA rep to check the status. Rep said, if you ordered one today it would be a 4-6 month wait. Problem of parts availability.

If I were to do it again I would spend a little extra money buy off GB and have it in a couple days.

Money burns a hole in my pocket,so that got the bug going for something else [the evil brother Greg didn't help either >:D]. But after researching LWRC and LaRue both outstanding products in thier own right for the money and the fact I'm lefthanded the ambi-features on the RRA Standard Operator IMO has the best value for the dollar for me.If anything down the road the Gold trigger and giving thier poly mags a spin,thats it.Have not found any rifle like this with these features anywhere.RRA  <thumbsup>