• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Geissele Trigger Info - Reference Tools

98Z5V

Hearing about, or even picking out, a Geissele trigger can be confusing - there are many, and they're all referenced by acronyms.  Here's the breakdown on their triggers - and it's not as bad as it seems, once you can reference one against another, or reference all the single stage trigs, etc.  <thumbsup>

Happy Surfing...  <laughs>

GeisseleTriggerApplicationGuide.jpg

GeisseleTriggerSummaryChart1.jpg

GeisseleTriggerSummartChart2.jpg

Just put that same trigger in ym 20" wood 5.56 gun.  Wonderful trigger.  <thumbsup>

I'm up to:  S3G, SSA, and SSA-E.  They all do great for what they're in.  I'll be picking up more SSAs based on the price I can get them for, and probably some more SSA-Es, too. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

SSA-E and Hi-Speed series are different - the SSA-E is not adjustable (at the user level).  All the triggers in the Hi-Speed series (Match, Service, Designated Marksman) are adjustable by the purchaser, and include the tools to adjust them. 

I recently purchased the Hi-Speed DMR, but don't have alot of time on it yet.  I can say for sure, it's badass, even moreso over the SSA-E.  <thumbsup>

What I like about the Hi-Speed DMR is it's adjustability range.

The Hi-Speed Match in a very lightweight pull.

The Hi-Speed DMR is a middle-weight pull.

The Hi-Speed Service is made to complete in Service Rifle competition, and has a heavier, military-minimum pull weight.

The DMR can be adjusted into the upper ranges of the Match pull weights, and the lower ranges of the Service pull weights.  It's the overall best trigger to buy when considering an adjustable Geissele Hi-Speed series trigger.  If you end up adjusting it into the lighter ranges, you might want to pick up a Match in the future, and if you end up adjusting it heavier, you may want the Service in the future.  The DMR can almost do it all, except at the extremes of light and heavy.  <thumbsup>

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys... So I took the trigger out to get a close look at it and the trigger says " HI-Speed NM Trigger"    I ordered the DMR.  I know the Hi- Speed DMR, Match, and Service are all the same and that they just use different springs, but will each say its name like the other triggers??  The pack it came in was instructions for hi-speed National Match and then the sticker with bar code from midway says DMR part num 414466.   I was just wondering if I got the right one because the actual trigger doesnt say DMR.  THose of u that got them, please chime in.  I also ask because when I was shooting it, I had not messed with the adjustments yet and it felt CRAZY LIGHT!!!!!

Not sure I understand.

That's the new "Super Tricon" trigger. I have no idea which target audience they are aiming for. There's no info on their site about the trigger. Is it a combat trigger? 3-gun? All I know is; A) it's new, and B) it's expensive. Sounds perfect for us. Lol.

That's the new "Super Tricon" trigger. I have no idea which target audience they are aiming for. There's no info on their site about the trigger. Is it a combat trigger? 3-gun? All I know is; A) it's new, and B) it's expensive. Sounds perfect for us. Lol.

Great, another one? lol. Like I don't have enough choices from Geissele. I'm still sticking firm to the SSA-E for the next one in the lineup.

• 5 months later...

I have the DMR in my ar-308. I want to put these on the gun. http://www.knsprecisioninc.com/gun-parts-and-accessories/kns-lower-receiver-parts/gen-st-non-rotating-trigger-hammer-pins-154-diameter-black.html

They will work right? I'm pretty sure they are the same for the ar-15 and ar-308

Why? That's a waste of money. Non-rotating pins are only semi-debatably useful on a full auto gun.

Edited by FaRKle!

Full auto and .45 Cal blow back systems... Maybe... In all reality, have you ever seen, or even heard of, trigger/hammer pin holes actually wearing out? My father has been shooting the same Colt for nearly 30 years. It still runs flawless with every shot.

Spend the $ on a heavy buffer instead. The buffer will slow down and smooth out the cycling, so as to reduce wear on your fire control group. It will also make firing the rifle a lot more pleasurable.

The only time I recommend the anti rotation pins is when people use trigger modules like the CMC, or Timney. With those, there isn't any spring tension against the pins to assist in keeping them in the rifle. Both my CMC triggers are held in with C-clips.

I can see the usefulness of having pins that won't get accidentally dislodged or lost in your rifle. It is much easier to buy one set that you know will be very secure in your rifle, than to have to keep a spare or spares. If you want them, there's not really a compelling reason not to have them, just be aware that the anti-rotation function probably won't be their strong point in your case.