• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

GunBroker? Yay or Nay

Joshua

kinda a grey question , ive been on GB since the early days ,it was great back then , then they started to progressively  get worse as the years ticked away , non paying bidders , cheats and lack of customer support 

recently a few months ago they sold it and the new owners started getting creative with fees , if it wasnt bad enough already thats the bad

the good is the level of stupidity among buyers that over pay for things , not just firearms , but with overpaying comes buyers remorse which creates the before mentioned non paying bidders which in turn creates te nightmare with customer service to recoop your fees , but you do stillget those that honor their bid so its not all bad , just dont be surprised 

here is my most recent GB experience ,,,

had a chicom lower AKS handguard , found a upper on GB reasonably priced for todays standards anyway , pulled the trigger on it  so i would have a set laying in wait for just in case because the prices are getting more ridiculous by the day

only accepted MO so i sent the money order the next day ,with shipping and tax it came out to just under $75 bucks , any MO under $100 i do not spend extra on shipping for tracking

2 weeks go by and i contact to see if it arrived , only going from WV to Ga , he says no , gave it another week he says no ,  i told him im not buying another MO so we will give it one more week , thats a month from Wv to Ga , if it doesn't show i will pay the $6 and trace the MO  , another week and he says no MO

i go to the PO and pay to trace the MO , that was Oct 4 , i scanned the docs and receipts and sent him PDF copies so he knows "Im" not running a game , a week goes by i get a letter from PO saying that they are conducting the trace ,if they find it they will let me know it was cashed , if they can not find it  that means it has not been cashed i will be refunded within 10 days  , so i contact him letting him know , no response  , on the 7th of Oct  , 3 days after i sent him the docs i get the handguard  , email him asking whats up did he get the MO , no response , now he will not even communicate , yesterday i get a letter with a copy of the front and back of my MO , stamp on the MO says it was cashed on the 5th ,one day after i sent him the docs for the MO trace 

i got my handguard , it was what i wanted and was what he sad it was , chicom wood is very distinct , so thats the good , but everything played out way too coincidental for me like he was fishing for a second MO , when he realized it wasnt happening he gave in

2 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Speculation, on your part, right there.

so to be clear  , if you had just been through all of that with a buyer of yours , dealing with it since (had to look it up) 9/12/21 , and then miraculously the MO happens to show up the same day they send the docs of the MO trace to you  ,you then cash it the next day ,thats when you choose to cut all communication , by that i mean , NOT tell me it finally arrived , NOT tell me the hand guard shipped , NOT answer a total of 5 emails from me trying to get this resolved  , no email saying "yup the post mark clearly says 9/1321 , glad it worked out" , instead thats your cue to simply to stop all communication at week 3 with "no it has not arrived yet"

whats your GB handle because i want to block you if thats the case because id rather not have any dealings you

On 10/22/2021 at 5:57 AM, micmacman said:

whats your GB handle because i want to block you if thats the case because id rather not have any dealings you

Really, somebody pissed in your Cheerios or something? Yeah you speculated, no big deal, we all do it. Getting pissy about getting called on it doesn't make much sense. It isn't like speculation is the end of the world, so I can't really understand why your response is so disproportionate.

Putting my self in the seller’s shoes, I would have felt like I was getting jerked around too. That would be my speculation from his side. When the MO finally appeared I knew it was legit, packaged what I sold you and sent it your way. We obviously don’t know the whole story and your feeling that he was fishing for extra might be spot on from everything you went through, but it’s still a guess at what was going on and he held up his side 100%. Didn’t sell you something incorrect, and it made it to you. Maybe he should have told you as soon as he either found the check that had come, or finally received it, and I’ll agree that would have been nice to have….but not everyone is as courteous as that. Don’t get twisted for getting called on speculation.  I had the same thought when I was reading it. Bummer of a story, but complete guess as to what was happening on the other end. 

2 hours ago, DNP said:

Putting my self in the seller’s shoes, I would have felt like I was getting jerked around too. That would be my speculation from his side. When the MO finally appeared I knew it was legit, packaged what I sold you and sent it your way. We obviously don’t know the whole story and your feeling that he was fishing for extra might be spot on from everything you went through, but it’s still a guess at what was going on and he held up his side 100%. Didn’t sell you something incorrect, and it made it to you. Maybe he should have told you as soon as he either found the check that had come, or finally received it, and I’ll agree that would have been nice to have….but not everyone is as courteous as that. Don’t get twisted for getting called on speculation.  I had the same thought when I was reading it. Bummer of a story, but complete guess as to what was happening on the other end. 

i do not see how the seller could feel i was jerking him around at all , i was in contact , scanned and provided him with the documents to prove i was doing everything i could , if the PO reimbursed me i would have resent the MO , why cut off all communication and cash the MO the next day after i sent the docs to prove the trace was being conducted 

im not twisted , no piss in my cheerios , i just cant deal with stupid , if the fella that discounted this as i am merely grasping at straws and am reaching  ,cant see something is wrong with the sellers behavior in how he left me hanging , then no i want no dealings with that person 30k post count or not ,because if the seller actually received the MO on the 4th in order to cash on the 5th he should have , I WOULD HAVE emailed the buyer to let them know all is good it had finally arrived 

2 hours ago, shooterrex said:

I have had several things through USPS that has taken weeks to arrive when it should have only been days.

this whole situation has absolutely nothing to do with the PO delivering items late , it has everything to do with the sellers actions , of course i know the PO delivers late , loses packages ,the thing that made this whole deal unseemly was he was in contact saying it had not arrived yet cashed it the day after i emailed copies of the forms and receipts for the trace and never to contact again leaving me wondering what was going on 

i personally would never leave someone hanging like that after going through al of that , but to cash the day after the docs were provided seems too coincidental , the cutting all communication seems like the true nature of the seller seeping through

On 10/22/2021 at 2:57 AM, micmacman said:

so to be clear  , if you had just been through all of that with a buyer of yours , dealing with it since (had to look it up) 9/12/21 , and then miraculously the MO happens to show up the same day they send the docs of the MO trace to you  ,you then cash it the next day ,thats when you choose to cut all communication , by that i mean , NOT tell me it finally arrived , NOT tell me the hand guard shipped , NOT answer a total of 5 emails from me trying to get this resolved  , no email saying "yup the post mark clearly says 9/1321 , glad it worked out" , instead thats your cue to simply to stop all communication at week 3 with "no it has not arrived yet"

14 hours ago, micmacman said:

i do not see how the seller could feel i was jerking him around at all , i was in contact , scanned and provided him with the documents to prove i was doing everything i could ,

You sound like a complete assh0le buyer, to me, based on what you've stated.  Just my opinion.  

Oh, I'm not on GB, so I don't have a "handle" there, and you won't be blocking me from shiit.  Especially what I say to you here.  Thanks for acting tough, though.  Appreciated.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V