• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

200 grain subsonic 7.62x51

shepp

1 minute ago, shepp said:

Anyone shot it? Was talking to robo about it today alittle and he mentioned it might not fight AR 308 mags. If yes and yes, have you shot it suppresses? If yes is it worth it? 

TIA

There's a thread here somewhere about me working with a guy on this, and he was ready to give up on it.  I was urging him to keep on pushing, and it was almost there.

I have 195gr loads that I've built, but they're not subsonic.  I have some 225gr projos that I use for the Win Mag, and I'd sacrifice some to the cause, and try it out. 

On 11/18/2021 at 10:20 PM, 98Z5V said:

There's a thread here somewhere about me working with a guy on this, and he was ready to give up on it.  I was urging him to keep on pushing, and it was almost there.

I have 195gr loads that I've built, but they're not subsonic.  I have some 225gr projos that I use for the Win Mag, and I'd sacrifice some to the cause, and try it out. 

I came across some in an email today and I was curious, nothing I’d be loading 

Might sound strange, brother, I know.  I need to toss this out here, like a fishing line.  I think you're under the gun, on this one.  I'm just sayin'... 

Here is THE RULE:

"If you post, inquiring about a product, be it new or old, and no one responds with a review within 48 hours, you are hereby required to buy said product, and review that product, so that this rule doesn't apply to the next person with the same inquiry. "The Rule" shall not apply to the announcement of new or upcoming products, unless there is some context inquiring as to who will be the first to assume ownership of said product. At that point "The Rule" will once again apply to the poster, who will be obligated to be the first in the stated question.

While this shouldn't need to be stated, pictures are required, or that s*** didn't happen."

That's a hard and steadfast legality here on the board - but it gets interpreted and applied at will.  But, it is The Rule.

The only other SOLID piece of information here that gets adhered to is Lesson 65b.  The true definition is Lesson 65B is:  You snooze, you lose.   This happens when you're looking at something on sale from a vendor, or you see something advertised for a ridiculous listed price - and you wait, and think about it.  So, you pull the trigger, and try to add that thing to your cart - and now it's out of stock...   Lesson 65b bit you right in the ass...  

Edited by 98Z5V

On 11/18/2021 at 10:36 PM, 98Z5V said:

Might sound strange, brother, I know.  I need to toss this out here, like a fishing line.  I think you're under the gun, on this one.  I'm just sayin'... 

Here is THE RULE:

"If you post, inquiring about a product, be it new or old, and no one responds with a review within 48 hours, you are hereby required to buy said product, and review that product, so that this rule doesn't apply to the next person with the same inquiry. "The Rule" shall not apply to the announcement of new or upcoming products, unless there is some context inquiring as to who will be the first to assume ownership of said product. At that point "The Rule" will once again apply to the poster, who will be obligated to be the first in the stated question.

While this shouldn't need to be stated, pictures are required, or that s*** didn't happen."

That's a hard and steadfast legality here on the board - but it gets interpreted and applied at will.  But, it is The Rule.

The only other SOLID piece of information here that gets adhered to is Lesson 65b.  The true definition is Lesson 65B is:  You snooze, you lose.   This happens when you're looking at something on sale from a vendor, or you see something advertised for a ridiculous listed price - and you wait, and think about it.  So, you pull the trigger, and try to add that thing to your cart - and now it's out of stock...   Lesson 65b bit you right in the ass...  

You son of a……..

I loaded up some 200 grain FMJ Speers , with a reduced load of 4895  for My old NM M1 back in 1978, and only fired two of them, they warped my operating rod and I never even saw where one even hit the 500 yd. target. I was hoping that would have been a good load for 500 yards, boy howdy was I ever so durn wrong ! .....They were very loud. I shot a few of them in the 03A3 and they went all over the place.

1 hour ago, shepp said:

That’s exactly what I’m looking at, will it fit in your 308AR tho? 

I've shot them in a few rifles, bought a few years back now, no function no matter what the setting but they shoot for me, maybe if you weakened the buffer system and opened the port they could run something, I thought they were louder than my 300 BO can on both, I thought quitter with the longer barrel but hands down the 300 BO wins for me. If it's the same 200 grain they use in their 300 BO load I'm constantly dumping scraps of jacket out of the suppressor from that load, seemed like a batch issue as I shot them all the time without issue then it was a rattle can every time. 

On 11/19/2021 at 6:22 PM, jtallen83 said:

I've shot them in a few rifles, bought a few years back now, no function no matter what the setting but they shoot for me, maybe if you weakened the buffer system and opened the port they could run something, I thought they were louder than my 300 BO can on both, I thought quitter with the longer barrel but hands down the 300 BO wins for me. If it's the same 200 grain they use in their 300 BO load I'm constantly dumping scraps of jacket out of the suppressor from that load, seemed like a batch issue as I shot them all the time without issue then it was a rattle can every time. 

Thanks JT