• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Nov 4th storm in BC

Cunuckgaucho

9 hours ago, unforgiven said:

You can never underestimate the power of water wow

No $hit brother. I've seen water pressure push block walls over by a course or two inside a closed room when a pipe let go. Found one with the steel door swinging, barely, by it's closer arm, in the 5 foot high gusher that was rushing out of the doorway.

This was a 12" main coming into a 400,000 square foot office building in downtown DC. The flange by the incoming meter connection let go, and filled up a 8'x10' room damn near instantly. The pressure built (quickly) until it pushed the block wall over by about 10 inches, and then blew the steel door off of it's hinges. It flooded the lower two levels of the garage of the building.

Funny part of the story? The guy in charge of the garage had called me, and said that there was a "little" leak on the upper level.

:lmao:  LITTLE?

FUK ME!

Pretty much every major highway passing through the province is affected. Travel on some routes now restricted to certain traffic. Gas is rationed and limited to 30L(7.9 US gallons ) per gas station visit till 1 Dec.

Sadly a lot of the flat areas are valley bottoms and farmland. Lots of dairy, poultry and eggs in the area shown in the picture.

257911435_10158147153701078_635907108174

27199966_web1_211818-ABB-Aerial-flood-ph