• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Windham Weaponry

MtnMike

The Windham Weaponry Story. A team of the finest firearms manufacturers in the U.S.A. has been re-assembled to bring to market the highest quality AR type rifle possible. These good Maine folks – most of whom are former employees of Bushmaster Firearms – offer many years of experience in the industry, and all look forward to working with you, to serving your needs, and to building you a great rifle.

A team of the finest firearms manufacturers in the U.S.A. has been re-assembled to bring to market the highest quality AR type rifle possible. These good Maine folks – most of whom are former employees of Bushmaster Firearms – offer many years of experience in the industry, and all look forward to working with you, to serving your needs, and to building you a great rifle.

Took her to the range for the 3rd time this morning.  First couple of times were more just getting to know the gun, break in and testing my mods.

Had previously determined it seemed to prefer a bit heavier bullet. First dialed in the scope with Fed 175g Gold Medal Sierra MatchKing.  Then tried multiple groupings  of several flavors and weights of available hunting rounds.  All rounds functioned fine.  And, frankly they all performed acceptable for hunting at the ranges I shoot, which is less than 150 yards. All were sub 2" MOA at 100yds except for Federal Fusion 180g, which had a 2.5" group mixed in with a 1", and a sub 2" group.  The winner in my gun turned out to be Fed 180g Nontypical Whitetail, all groups 1" or less.  So, I ordered 200 rounds and figure that'll take care of deer season.  In the meantime, I've got plenty of other freedom pills for practice.

• 3 months later...

Saw that WW has just released a couple of slightly different variants of their 16" sfsct-308.  New colors: battleworn black & burnt bronze; upgrades from base model include Magpul stock, for-end grip and metal MBUS sights, also the Yankee Hill flash suppressor instead of the  A2 on the base.  https://www.windhamweaponry.com/firearms/rifles/308-caliber-rifle/r16sfsct-308-bb/   I have been 100% satisfied with my WW sfst after a few upgrades of my own. Zero failures to fire or cycle after about 500 rounds with broad variety of ammo.  Mine is primarily set up for deer hunting, but I still get groups under 1" with some soft tip lead bullets and target ammo.  So if you are too lazy to put an AR10 together from pieces, or just want one that always works, you might want to check 'em out.118117140_WW308onthescales2.thumb.jpg.b00304a12a8d9e53ceea98e9491b13f9.jpg