• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New to reloading…I “think” I have everything??

MJV83

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, shooterrex said:

The Lee book I think is called Modern Reloading not only tells you what to do but why you are doing it.

Also buy a bullet puller to fix your mistakes. Like not turning the powder measure on on a progressive press and loading 150 45acps without powder in them.

Those are called barrel stuffers!  Bet you can't shoot more than one without major curse words spewing forth.  Or at least you better not shoot more than one.  :thumbup:

39 minutes ago, shooterrex said:

The Lee book I think is called Modern Reloading not only tells you what to do but why you are doing it.

Also buy a bullet puller to fix your mistakes. Like not turning the powder measure on on a progressive press and loading 150 45acps without powder in them.

At least you realized the mistake…beforehand, I hope?!?! 

But agree completely!! I’ve used my bullet puller more times in a week than I thought I’d use it in a year. Amazing how easy it is to overlook something if you allow yourself to get the SLIGHTEST bit distracted.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there can be. The rabbit hole can but doesn't need to go deep unless you want it to. 

Start slow and maybe you can get more involved but there's nothing that says that you must. I started with a single stage press and just what I needed to reload safe 9mm ammo. It took me years to become a handloader. There's still a great deal that I don't know.