• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My Arsenal SLR95

ApexJunky

Gave this dude a home recently and it’s built like a tank. This one doesn’t rattle or sound cheap. That’s attributable to the milled receiver and the fact the Bulgarians make, in my opinion, the best of the old Eastern Bloc copies. 

BFC4B4B6-3369-4791-B1B9-753ABFC829AC.thumb.jpeg.52c3877fd622e04954cc7318aba28675.jpeg

The thumb hole stock is long gone and the furniture was sourced from Ironwood Designs.

C205EE06-A92E-4BE5-9664-E90E093F1329.thumb.jpeg.8de7f8b85f5896d08cf96b59983a91bd.jpeg

My plans are to have the factory brake cut off and the barrel threaded 5/8 x 24. I’d also like to source a Texas Weapon Systems railed top cover and I’m uncertain from there.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had an older Arsenal 27 myself in 7.62x39.The milled receivers are superior. The accuracy is so much better as much due to the extra pound of weight as anything, though I am sure the rigidity helps. It is a tool, and like any tool, when used within its design parameters it is useful. It has a good home now where it is used and valued.