• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

reloading powder funnel

Steve crawford

What is a good antistatic powder funnel for loading 5.56 & 30 cal. rifle and all pistole cal.?  My 1969 plastic funnel and a couple of funnels I bought last year don't fit the 5.56 case mouth.  Two of the funnels I bought last year, the case goes all the way through the neck of the funnel now.  I have a hard time trying to get the case in the wright spot before I dump the powder.  I don't feel that I can spend $100.00 or more for a funnel set up.  I would like to get something for $50.00 or less. I also have trouble with static build up where I live.  

Thanks

Steve

Edited by Steve crawford

I live in a dry static prone place also, at least in the winter it's dry. I have a few funnels made for powder and none have issues with static. I think you could find one for under $5 unless I'm missing something. 

I'd look in Brownells or Midway and they'll tell you what calibers it'll load (the size of the hole). An Ebay purchase might be a mistake. If you want to make sure it's antistatic get one made for blackpowder and out of brass but you'll need to check and see if they are for cartridge loading. I know BP funnels exist but I've never seen or used one so I haven't a clue what you'll find. They are definitely anti-static though since one spark with BP and it ignites. 

15 minutes ago, shooterrex said:

Wipe the funnel w/bounce dryer sheets. No static cling.

^^^  This.   I still use the Lee clear red funnel I got way back when with my single stage press kit.  It works fine for me with everything from 223 up to 375 Socom.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 6:24 PM, dpete said:

^^^  This.   I still use the Lee clear red funnel I got way back when with my single stage press kit.  It works fine for me with everything from 223 up to 375 Socom.

Same here, red Lee funnel works. Also use the RCBS green funnel.