• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Glock after market spring explosion..

jlaw

Went shooting yesterday, everything went smooth as butter (not one FTE or any failures). Got home went to clean my 27 and to my surprise I could not get the slide off.... looked at the front of my little baby glock and the spring is cock eyed and jammed up in the frame. It took me all of about 15 minutes to un jam it using a screw driver (having to compress the spring and really man handle it to separate the frame and slide) I DID NOT notice this when I was shooting. I was using 165 gr EFMJ federal ammo. What in the poop right? And I'm pissed because it damaged my frame.. heres some pics, you can see that the steel on the spring and my frame is dented and chiped.. What do you guys think? I got the spring from Rockyourglock.com. What should I do? Do you guys think I am owed anything due to the damage of my frame? Thanks guys.

post-1532-136297272005_thumb.jpg

I believe the SS model RSA is at about 22lbs.. Funny how glock uses 17 lbs in all models from 9mm to .45. I'll call rockyourglock tomorrow. I HIGHLY doubt they will do anything to accommodate my aggravation but who knows. Sorry for the language guys... I put this same post on glock.pro and got yelled at lol. Dirty mouth James...

The springs are fine. I believe I'm missing a piece (some pieces) ? It looks like the flat dime sized piece of metal in the pic. The only damage you can really notice is the tube. It's a little mangled. Lord knows where that piece is. I'm guessing what happened is some how that little piece broke off when the action chambered a new round, causing the RSA to come apart inside my gun. Don't really know how that is possible. But it def happened.

HAHAHA!!! Shoot the plastic is fine. Solid Stainless steal RSA broke inside and only gouged the frame a we bit. I can't figure out for the life of me how the thing was able to fire with no spring. Like you said gotta give credit to Gaston for that. Not one FTE FTF. Amazing.

What did lee say in that movie??? " ditch that nickel plated sissy gun and get a glock" something of that order. Love my glocks. Def bet my life on them ANY day. Especially knowing now that it'll still go boom with a Broken RSA jammed up in it!!!

If you contact Glock and are prepared to pay for the replacements they might send them to you at no cost.

When I pulled out the lasermax on a g23 and couldn't find the original guide rod, spring, and take down lever piece I called up Glock to buy some replacements. They asked for my address and told me no charge. I got a box with the parts, some stickers, a calendar, 2 pens and a hat. This was around 2005ish or so.

I'm not a Glock fan, but that doesnt cloud my judgement on their quality. My personal gripe is their ergonomics.

That being said, they shoot like laser beams and they shoot every time! While I personally prefer my 1911, I wouldn't turn down reinforcement from a guy toting his Glock.

We had a few guns marked for destruction so we put them through our own special LE torture test. Drilled a handful of 1/4" dowel rods into a board and slid the pistol barrels over them, so all the pistols were lined up equally. Then we nailed that board down at about 50 yards and let the snipers have at them with a Rem 700 in .308

All the pistols took one shot and exploded... Except the Glock. The Glock got hit high on the frame, just below the slide. The 168gr bullet passed right through. A function check of the Glock showed it still worked (we didn't actually test fire). After the shock wore off we shot it a second time, in the slide, and got the expected results.

i'm still waiting to buy a 1911, because of stupid state laws. new glocks are actually illegal too. i have one gen 3 g21, 45acp, a gen 2 g21 for my fiance, a gen 2 g19 and a gen 2 g26. the best shooters are the 45's, and they definately fill any needs until i can get a nice 1911 sooner or later. trying to pry a springfield from someone who doesn't shoot it but is reluctant to let it go.

Well.... The RSA is an aftermarket part so glock is under no obligation to replace it or fix any damages. Aftermarket parts = void of warranty. In most cases. But no worries I have the factory RSA and it works plenty fine. Plus the damage to my frame is purely cosmetic. The Stainless steel RSA was just Perty, only reason why I ran it.

Only a glock can take a bullet and still be functional right?! I Like the New RTF glocks. The older 3rd gennys were just a tiny bit slippery to me. I recently tried to make a Glock look like a 1911 (hence the stainless RSA) .. I think I did OK! Anyone else got any Extraordinary tupperware? 

post-1532-13629727205_thumb.jpg

post-1532-136297272051_thumb.jpg

post-1532-136297272052_thumb.jpg