• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LR 308 and 65 Creedmoor

bon1962

1 hour ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

In addition to the above questions, have you tried more than one magazine or more than one magazine brand?  Some guns prefer certain mags.  There's no telling which ones until you try more than one.

Definitely what Doc just said.

Case in point. I built an MK12 in 6.5 Grendel that I just took to the annual desert meet-up back in November. I took 3 different makes of 10 round magazines just to function test them. On top of that. I bought some 30 round mags locally once in AZ. 2 out of the 3, 10 round mags ran just fine. One didn't like to run. The locally sourced 30 round mags were nothing but jam-o-matics.

So always try different mags in any rifle, just to rule them out. After all, they are one of the moving parts of the rifle.

14 hours ago, bon1962 said:

Have a problem with cycling if I drop one round then cycle it works fine if I load the mag it constantly jams help new builder

Need WAY MORE INFO FROM YOU on this thing.  Making an Introduction doesn't hurt, either - so we can get an idea of who we're working with, and passing out free advice to.

Here's the Introduction Section:

https://forum.308ar.com/forum/22-introductions/

Here's the kind of details we're gonna need on the gun that you have/built/bought.  Details are everything, and right now, we don't have much from you.  Check this link out, look very directly at what it's specifying, and try to comply with the information as best you can...