• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Swamp people?

BLKSHEEP

Brother BLKSHEEP been to La. saw the people that live on the water,where does the black water go? <dontknow>

Well it all depends on what body of water or swamp you're talking about but the bigger swamps are connected to the Mississippi river which rises every spring flushing out the black stagnant water  replacing it with brown oxygenated water,it all finds it's way to the Gulf of Mexico, we don't have any clear water like y'all do up north.

• 4 weeks later...

Good to know I ain't the only person on this forum that's excited for crawfish season!!

Mudbugs! You eat them things? Just kidding, I'm an old Kansas boy and have eaten a lot of crawfish. Good stuff! Used to sit on the riverbank with a cane pole and a piece of bacon fishing for them when I was a kid. While we're on the subject of cajun cooking, I once worked security for a blues guy by the name of Tab Benoit (maybe ya'll have heard of him?) and he cooked up some amazing alligator gumbo that we all shared after his concert!

• 3 years later...

It gets too cold here for them to survive,so they say.

I'm only 30 miles from you, but I'm not a coonass. Like their food though.

BTW, there are pythons here. Found a 12 footer hiding in a garage in Lacombe a few years back. Obviously one let go into the wild, but nonetheless, in the wild and probably breeding.

Mudbugs! You eat them things? Just kidding, I'm an old Kansas boy and have eaten a lot of crawfish. Good stuff! Used to sit on the riverbank with a cane pole and a piece of bacon fishing for them when I was a kid. While we're on the subject of cajun cooking, I once worked security for a blues guy by the name of Tab Benoit (maybe ya'll have heard of him?) and he cooked up some amazing alligator gumbo that we all shared after his concert!

Tab Benoit, Sons of Guns intro song Shelter me? Was that him or another version?

• 6 years later...

Brother BLKSHEEP.  My Dad's family was from Shriever; Little Bayou Blue and Little Bayou Black.  They were absolute Cajuns. I still have plenty cousins and relates in the Houma/Raceland/Thibodaux region.

Me, I may not be an RCA, but I act and feel like one.  I'm in Kenner now, near the airport,  and will most likely die here.

I'm new to the AR-10s. Do you got to any of the gun shows at The Pontchartrain Center?  I bought (2) AR-10 lowers there.  The place got torn up by Hurricane Ida and the shows have been relocated at The Alario Center in Westwego for the time being.  I haven't made it to any of those, but maybe when they return to The Pontchartrain Center we could meet up.

Jarhead

• 6 months later...
On 2/19/2012 at 12:42 PM, BLKSHEEP said:

Am I the only coonass(Cajun)  on here?  😎

I’m down in Houma, born and raised. Escaped twice, spent 4 years in Fort Smith Arkansas and and 2.5 years in Baton Rouge but got pulled back to Houma both times like it’s a black hole.