• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ammo price increase

NightStalker

Vista Outdoors just sold all their ammunition manufacturing capabilities to a Czeck company.  That's why you're seeing that article.  Here's a rundown on the news on that...

https://www.reuters.com/markets/deals/vista-outdoor-sell-sporting-products-unit-191-bln-deal-cuts-sales-forecast-2023-10-16/

Vista owns a GIANT chunk of companies that make ammunition - here's the rundown.

In a massive deal Vista Outdoor, the parent company to over 40 well known brands, is to sell off its sporting products business in a $1.91 billion deal with Czechoslovak Group. Czechoslovak Group is a major Czech Republic-based holding company which already controls brands across the arms, aerospace and manufacturing industries – including Fiocchi, Tatra, and Atrak.

The deal will see Czechoslovak Group take over well known ammunition brands including CCI, Federal, HEVI-Shot, Remington (ammunition) and Speer, which combined employ around 4,000 people in factories in the US. The company will continue to be headquartered in Anoka, Minnesota. The deal is expected to be finalised in 2024.

Here's where that quote came from:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2023/10/18/czechoslovak-group-acquire-vista-outdoor-ammunition-business-2-billion-deal/

It's a sad deal for Americans.  When a Czech company owns almost all our ammo manufacturing capability. 

The old Federal Ammo plant in , Mn is their headquarters. My father worked with Federal  people on defense projects at the old Twin City Ammunition Plant (now demolished). I don’t like foreign interests controlling our ammo supply. That doesn’t make National Security sense.

43 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

You hear a gun you don't hear knife 

Here is an overview of UK's knife laws.  Basically, you can't have, and definitely can't carry, knives.

https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives#:~:text=Basic laws on knives and,public without a 'good reason'

Here's an interesting item from the page.

In Scotland, you’re allowed to sell 16 and 17 year olds cutlery and kitchen knives.

It's not widely known yet, and I've briefly mentioned it a few times here before, but NEMO Arms recently built a 250k square foot facility that is solely dedicated to ammunition manufacturing, period.  That's all that massive facility does.   Because, 'Merica! 

I'm sure this will be talked about now, more, with all this shiit going down.  They make their own cases, primers, all of it.  Soup to nuts, they do it all, in house.

I've been inside on all this for a long time, and know one of the co-owners very well - from another avenue, and another business.  I had the second box of 9mm 124gr ammo ever produced and shipped to AZ.

Their capability is astounding, for mass production.  They might end up being the savior for American ammo manufacturing.  They're already, and have been for a long time, since inception, ass-deep in the 22 ARC development. 

Just wait...  with all the bad news, there might be something around the corner that turns all this shiit around...  We just needs to hang on...