• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PRVI Partizan, buy or no?

soofley

will mainly be used for plinking and less than 400yard target shooting, and also for stash. They're pretty cheap for 1000round so i have a few concerns...

are they corrosive?

this should run fine on my ma-ten build yes?

is worth buying for plinking purposes?

heres a link for examination.

http://www.bulkammo.com/bulk-308-win-ammo-308win145grfmjbtprvipartizanwhite-1000

well i just bought the 500rnd 175gr "Match" PRVI. i heard it sucks beyond 700yards but its ok, i dont know any range here that's longer than 400yards in my area. hahahah.

the price difference between the 175gr "match" and 145gr PRVI was only $24! worth it i think.

I just got in some privi match 175 yesterday...looks like I didnt read the fine print...its fmj unlike the 168 privi match which is otm....cant shoot fmj beyond a 100 yds at my range  :(  Wash

Okay, so buy some of the match 175smk from Mike at Southwest Ammunition. It's every bit as good as FGMM.

http://www.southwestammunition.com/category_s/75.htm

Why buy remanufactored ammo when you can buy the real thing? federal gold match 175 grain for 18.99 or this federal 168 otm

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ammunition/rifle-ammunition/308-7-62/federal-gold-medal-match-308-168gr-sierra-matchking-bthp-20rd.html    I only bought the privi cause it was like 11 bucks,and wanted to give it a try.

federal gold medal is mostly all I shoot.

I dont think anyone beats Palmetto State on the pricing for federal matchking ...someone please tell me why I would wanna buy reloads when I can buy factory fresh?...enlighten me please  Wash

Why buy remanufactored ammo when you can buy the real thing? federal gold match 175 grain for 18.99 or this federal 168 otm

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ammunition/rifle-ammunition/308-7-62/federal-gold-medal-match-308-168gr-sierra-matchking-bthp-20rd.html    I only bought the privi cause it was like 11 bucks,and wanted to give it a try.

federal gold medal is mostly all I shoot.

I dont think anyone beats Palmetto State on the pricing for federal matchking ...someone please tell me why I would wanna buy reloads when I can buy factory fresh?...enlighten me please  Wash

Why would anybody want the equivalent of FGMM at a better price? It seems like rhetorical question to me...

I do like your mindset though, because it leaves more awesome ammo in stock for us thrifty fellas who like to get more for their dollar. I for one am glad that you can afford to donate to the economy so graciously. :P

Why would anybody want the equivalent of FGMM at a better price? It seems like rhetorical question to me...

I do like your mindset though, because it leaves more awesome ammo in stock for us thrifty fellas who like to get more for their dollar. I for one am glad that you can afford to donate to the economy so graciously. :P

Am I missing something? PSA 308 FGMM 168gr is $17.99 a box....SW is $18.51 if I read it correctly?  <dontknow>

washguy...what are you doing...you outed my super secret source for GMM  <laughs>

<laughs>  Dadgum sorry <laughs> Me and my big mouth I knew I shouldnt have even repsonded to that post <laughs>

and I was wrong too! southwest ammo has new ammo they make.. their 168grain match is only 18.50 verses 17.99 for FGMM from Palmetto State, so I save 51 cents a box...pretty good math I  think  <lmao>  Wash

I was referring to the Run & Gun, which I tested side-by-side with FGMM.

http://www.southwestammunition.com/product_p/308175smk-rng.htm

$17.49 per box which if my math is good, comes up to $1.01 per box less expensive. This is not even at the regularly offered promotional discounts, that's just standard cost. Yes, Run & Gun is loaded out of once-fired Lake City brass. I'm not exactly sure how never-fired brass is making up that dollar-per-box difference....

If you've tried their ammo and don't like it, that's a whole different story and I can respect that. On my part, I've tried their product and it performed beautifully. I like getting a discount on a premium item as much as the next guy, but when I can get the equivalent for less money, practicality compels me to pass it by.

I just picked up some PPU 175gr match my self hope my gun likes it but its going to be 2 weeks before I can get to the range and see :( If you get a chance to get out before me let me know how you like it and I'll do the same. For what its worth I read that people like the brass for reloading so thats a plus for me I plan on starting to reload for my DPMS after I get the dies and other tools I'll need for rifle cartridges currently I only reload for handguns.

well my 175gr match PPU purchase order was refunded and they didn't give me no reason. I assumed someone took the last case before they could get to my order. Antway I ordered the federel 150gr for the same price.

And few days ago i had a hands on experience with reloading tnX to a local enthusiast, I walked out with 200 .308reloads for plinking! will be saving up for my own reloading setup :D!!!