• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Weather craziness continues II

imschur

Musquitoes??  Try some Vitamin B.  Buy a bottle called B-100,  grocery or pharmacy on the shelf.  One pill every morning.  Good for your heart.  One of the B vitamins also makes you taste bad to muskiteeoes.  Not a full cure,  but it helps a whole lot.  If you awreddy take a multivitamin (for men,  no iron.  Iron is bad for men),  take some B-100 too.  Anyway.

Men (and women past Menopause) build up iron and it causes problems.  There is more than enough iron in normal food.  To get rid of excess iron,  donate blood.  Vitamin B is water soluble and washes out real easy.

Here in Silicon Valley, we had snow on the local foothills a few days ago

and it's been cold! The foothills are only at 2000 feet so to see snow there is

uncommon.  We usually don't get snow there even during the coldest

months of December or January. And never this late.

It is very unusual to have cold winter storms coming in as they have,

since it's so late in the winter.  But then we've also had a very

dry winter this year.

We did not have winter either. We had the storm in October that was about a foot an a half deep 8 miles from here. Most of the state lost power for about a week. Due to my proximity of the shore the same storm turned to rain and I had almost nothing by the end. Then in January we got a few inches that was it. Never got cold, lakes and ponds barely froze. Never got below zero. In fact most of the winter was probably in the high 20's to high 30's with a few single digit nights. Now we are already close to a draught. I have never seen the streams and rivers this low other than the middle of summer. We have been in the 60's and 70's for a few weeks. This is May weather in CT not March.

We did not have winter either. We had the storm in October that was about a foot an a half deep 8 miles from here. Most of the state lost power for about a week. Due to my proximity of the shore the same storm turned to rain and I had almost nothing by the end. Then in January we got a few inches that was it. Never got cold, lakes and ponds barely froze. Never got below zero. In fact most of the winter was probably in the high 20's to high 30's with a few single digit nights. Now we are already close to a draught. I have never seen the streams and rivers this low other than the middle of summer. We have been in the 60's and 70's for a few weeks. This is May weather in CT not March.

same here im pretty much straight west of you, by 16 hours HAHA. but we would get snow, it would melt by either temps or rain in a week or so, prolly got maybe 24" of snow here this year the snowmobile trails didnt even open here, most lakes were to dangerous to go out on

after last winter I was so close to buying a snowmobile. Glad I held out. No grass drags in the city ;D

the past 4 winters have been awesome here, and its not much to go to the UP of MI from hear either. i bought a quad with a plow this past fall, i looked awefully funny plowing 2" of snow LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Local official word for North Texas is the bugs are coming.  No cold to kill them.  Bring your African Double Rifles and hunt ticks . . .  real soon.

Tornadoes today straddled me.  10 miles East,  10 miles West.  A lot of heavy rain.  Mostly worried about the grandchildren in school.  Kind of felt like RVN,  wondering where the next rocket would land?  Didn't even drop electric power today,  not for even a blink.  Hope all the rest of us in the way of this storm are and were that lucky.

Recall the comment of a waitress out in a West Texas truck stop when I was pushing 18-wheelers:  she said if the winters were mild on the high plains the tornadoes in the Spring would make up for it.  She would rather cope with snow and ice.  With this past winter in mind,  it may be a very long Spring for all of us.  Texas and everywhere else.