• Visit Sportsmans Guide

PROJECT TITAN - Back Online

Guest LLArms

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LLArms

I still think you have enough room to and a grenade launcher or a shotgun inside of the barrel cover.

I still have to put in a cooling system - no telling how much room may be left in the end.  <dontknow>

Guest LLArms

I had taken that into account.  The construction is not what I am worried about, it would be the 3 mounting screws.  I have a feeling that is going to be the weak point and if that is the case I will add some additional mounting points vertically, maybe some allen style screws.

I don't think the handle itself would snap as aluminum is very durable. It would bend before it would break I imagine.

But as I said, for the price - its worth tinkering with.  If anything will make a good photo shoot prop.  :o 8)

not sure if id want to lug a 40lb rifle around by a piece of metal designed for a 2lb paintball gun....

While true - the sim market offers some interesting options to us real steel builders.  I run cheapo airsoft red dot sights on my .22 AR uppers since they get loaned out and banged up a lot, and it's no big loss to replace one.  Additionally, there are a LOT more airsofters willing to mod and prototype their guns, since (1) they often don't have a HUGE amount of skin in the game as far as investment goes and (2) there is a lot of crossover between airsofters and the modification and anime communities.  With the advent of mini CNC mills and even printers that can prototype parts, we are on the verge of a society where if you can dream it, it can be made - and economically!

Looks great,But I gotta play devils advocate...you're goal is to build the most accurate AR bench rifle if I understood correctly. It seems to me (i'm no expert) that by mounting the optic on top of the carry handle you're creating extra weak points between the optic and the bore, also increasing the distance between the center of your bore to the line of sight which will cause more bullet rise past your zero ?

Guest LLArms

Looks great,But I gotta play devils advocate...you're goal is to build the most accurate AR bench rifle if I understood correctly. It seems to me (i'm no expert) that by mounting the optic on top of the carry handle you're creating extra weak points between the optic and the bore, also increasing the distance between the center of your bore to the line of sight which will cause more bullet rise past your zero ?

Just threw it on there for fun.  The handle comes off once I get setup.  <laughs> ;)