• Visit Sportsmans Guide

PROJECT TITAN - Back Online

Guest LLArms

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LLArms

just a question but what happened to the side mount bipod legs. i was waiting to see what kind of stability they provided

I need to buy the taller units.  The ones I have are the low profile versions and created problems when a target was set to high on the hill.

To be honest the only reason I ran the side units was to help eliminate any left over barrel torque when shooting. But the shroud did just as it was suppose to and eliminated it all together.

I believe I'm going to be going with a GG& bi-pod as my final selection as the one I am using now is just  a simple $30 low profile UTG bi-pod.

Guest LLArms

OK - is there any interest in an OD version of the shroud?

Gonna have a buddy Photoshop me up something to see how it looks.  <dontknow>

• 3 weeks later...

I am not trying to criticize anothers design, and your results may be different than mine, but I have found that the smaller and more forward and tuccked in the right side lever is in the trigger guard the better it works for me. From your renderings, it appears as though that right side paddle will seriously obstruct your trigger. If you wanted to test that theory, if you have a gun equipped with the Magpul BAD lever or equivilant, tape a piece of wood or cardbord to the end to simulate that paddle and the try the gun with it. Perhaps if your just planing slow fire from the bench it won't matter, but in any other application I think it would be a liability. Might even be a safety concern if you were to catch it while removing your finger from the trigger, could cause an AD. Possibly, if you were to flip the paddle over so it projected forward along side the gun vs back towards the trigger, it might not be as much of an issue.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LLArms

I want to thank those that showed honest interest in the project.

Sadly per my other post we are looking at an indefinite shutdown of the project.  For 24 hours after the announcement the activity on our funding website sparked a glimmer of hope - but I think it was a short lived fizzle.

Thanks to the owner and staff at 308AR.com for being generous with your forum space and us.

- Damien