• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New guy from florida

george_995

I have been skulking around this forum for a couple months. <thumbsup> I found it through google searches for lr308 parts. I am from central florida and do most of my shooting at Hernando sportsman club. I have been an avid shooter most of my life, and finally forefilling that itch to build an 308 ar platform. So far I have everything except the barrel, gas block and flashhider/compensator(?).

As of now I am leaning toward the FA 18.5" mid weight threaded barrel. I am not looking to build a benchrest rifle. Looking forward to posting pics of my build.

Did you buy your "Never Back Down" target yet?

4fb4270881302.preview-300.jpg

No,  I agree it is a hilarious mockery though. Most of us Floridians cant wait until this poop fades away. What bullpoopy storm that was and current, sure shows how the left/liberals are really a bunch of lying race baiting bigots. Its funny how all these people/media from states like New york, Cali and other republics of commieville want to tell us how to protect ourselves(refering to SYG). When they cant even take care of their own states/poop. Anyways here is a link, some may have seen it, I think it puts some things into perspective.http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/05/24/update-26-part-2-trayvon-martin-shooting-a-year-of-drug-use-culminates-in-predictable-violence/

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome from another Floridian, Grew up in St Pete been traveling on the army's dime for the last few years.

As far as the Zimmerman case, I'm not sure what to believe. In that I mean only that I feel I cannot trust any of the media (be it right or left) to provide the all the facts as I'm assuming they don't have all of them. Add to that the partisan rhetoric and it only frustrates me more. All that being said, Martin had the right at any time to call the police and state a "White Hispanic" (jab at the left media) was following him and harassing him. Instead (from what I understand) he chose to physically confront him.

• 9 months later...