Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So are you making or eatting this stuff or just posting stupid pictures??

At least he didn't post stuff about balut, we'd all have to bail into a bucket.

But blood sausage is pretty good, my gramma used to make it from beef blood and diced bits of pork fat. The sausage casing is usually the bladder of a pig, which is pretty big when stuffed, and when the sausage is done, you cut off steak-sized slices and fry 'em up quick. It doesn't have much flavor by itself, so she added loads of black pepper.

Another concoction that doesn't have much flavor is 'Hirn mit Ei' that they eat tons of in Austria. Basically it's chopped brains (from sheep, swine or cattle) mixed with scrambled eggs. With lots of brains, you don't get much of the flavor of eggs -- and, again, you gotta add plenty of salt and pepper. Pretty good stuff, though, and if you visit Austria, it's generally the cheapest thing on the menu.

But balut, no way.

I'm tempted to request a ban hammer...you guys are destroying a good thread. This is all about delicious stuff from the grill.....jeez. "Odd and disgusting foods" can be a thread of its own.

Why can't I get the damn smileys on my phone...I want the barf one right here.

I'm tempted to request a ban hammer...you guys are destroying a good thread. This is all about delicious stuff from the grill.....jeez. "Odd and disgusting foods" can be a thread of its own.

Why can't I get the damn smileys on my phone...I want the barf one right here.

Hence my attitude above!

Okay   Everyone report in........Whats the meal plan for the weekend.....what hunk o meat is going on the smoker/grill?

Me....tonite Panko fried catfish

tomorrow....NY strips

Saturday.....11lb pork butt

Sunday....  intense gas         :)   Wash

Edited by washguy

Haven't thought that far ahead, maybe some manhole cover sized sirloins, been Latin week at the house Sunday night I made a big pot of taco meat and last night I made rice and beans with smoked sausage and chorizo, you wanna talk about gas brotha..........

Ps been craving ribs I got a few small racks outta my hog maybe I'll dig some them sob's out

Edited by shepp

Well turkeys done,got it from work as a Christmas gift.We always use Butterball.Directions said 185* for 8 hrs.,I thought it was to low for the size turkey I had so ran @ 200* sprayed it w/apple juice Worcestershire sauce.Then they said flip breast side up and insert temp probe.Checked the temp and it was 180*....overdone.Breast meat was dry,but the dark meat was perfect.O well... next time I'll follow the directions better [lower temp] and use the temp probe sooner.

post-12375-0-88442700-1404506397_thumb.j

post-12375-0-30055000-1404506410_thumb.j

Last nite Panko fried catfish....

IMG_1190_zpsd73b0c50.jpg

IMG_1191_zpse1127d54.jpg

yikes too many fillets for the two of us   :)

tonite NY strips on the smoker....soy sauce, wersterchester, Emril's essence at 500 degrees  7 mins a side medium rare and add a lil butter on top at the table

IMG_1193_zpsda8137a5.jpg

IMG_1196_zps958ab98f.jpg

and yes I ate the whole damn thing   :)  Wash

Edited by washguy

Got some soft shell crab and grilled them, basted in olive oil garlic, obay, vinegar, orange peal and parsleyB00E8275-0D90-4322-89DD-749F87AC5C1F_zps

Drool drool drool! When I was in North Carolina in April I made a royal pig of myself on soft shell crab.

Wish I had taken some pictures the other night. I had an Argentine Asado. I pulled out my 4'x3'ft Parrilla grill, stoked up a maple log fire underneath it, and put on a leg of lamb, 6 2 inch thick bone in rib eyes, a dozen lamb chops, two venison tenderloins, a half dozen venison chops, and a half dozen chorizo sausages for appetizers. Fed twenty people, and I am still feasting on the left overs. Seasoned them all with hand minced garlic, ground pepper, and salt water. I think "Parrilla" should mean "Death by meat" in Spanish.

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic