imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol.  They go faaaast. Dont they?

Ive got a welders blanket that they sell for gmg.   Uses a lot less pellets.   Ive done tri tip twice.... they are the west coast cut

Santa Maria right?      For what tri tip sells for a pound here you can get tenderloin...ill take the fillet.  Lol

10.5 pound whole packer. Choice. Good fat cap on it. Will trim it up and get it on in the morning. Got a little more reading to do tonight. It's getting the oak ridge black ops rub thrown on right away in the morn. 

Edited by DNP

10.5 pound whole packer. Choice. Good fat cap on it. Will trim it up and get it on in the morning. Got a little more reading to do tonight. It's getting the oak ridge black ops rub thrown on right away in the morn. 

Daaamn beef is high there  !    I bought a wagyu small packer for that same price...the butcher suckered me into that deal... it wasnt worth the money and cooked different too           Wash

You didnt get a Wagu  brisket  for your first brisket did you? please say no ....if you say yes you did...then you didnt eff up tomorrow...you effed up today !   lol     Wash    

okay what is a Wagu brisket?  All I know about is cow,heifers,steers, veal, or bull briskets.

okay what is a Wagu brisket?  All I know about is cow,heifers,steers, veal, or bull briskets.

MRM   its the very high dollar beef

WAGYU - a Japanese beef cattle breed – derive from native Asian cattle. 'WAGYU' refers to all Japanese beef cattle, where 'Wa' means Japanese and 'gyu' means cow.

so its USA Kobe beef kinda sorta.....overated in my book        Wash

Edited by washguy

A Wagu brisket  would kind of seem to be a oxymoronic expression to me since brisket started out being the cheapest cut of beef that you could buy to feed a large bunch of people a barbecue meal. It was tough and hard to roast or fry.  It takes a long time to cook.  The first time I ate brisket was at a black barbeque place in Langston Oklahoma which had an all black college. My dad loved their barbecue. This was when I was six years old. Not many places in Oklahoma sold good pit cooked beef barbecue. Most barbecue was pork.  Brisket became the "in meat" later and so did flank steak when fajitas became popular. 

MRM   its the very high dollar beef

WAGYU - a Japanese beef cattle breed – derive from native Asian cattle. 'WAGYU' refers to all Japanese beef cattle, where 'Wa' means Japanese and 'gyu' means cow.

so its USA Kobe beef kinda sorta.....overated in my book        Wash

Brrrrrrrrrr 43        Wash

Now that is some funny $hit there brother Jeff.Wed. on 294 the road was so slick with ice,wreaks all over.I couldn't go over 30 car wouldn't want to track.Took an 1 1/2 hrs. for same distance that takes 20 min..Turned around and called off.First time doing both in 27 yrs. in the trades.

Edited by unforgiven

Now that is some funny $hit there brother Jeff.Wed. on 294 the road was so slick with ice,wreaks all over.I couldn't go over 30 car wouldn't want to track.Took an 1 1/2 hrs. for same distance that takes 20 min..Turned around and called off.First time doing both in 27 yrs. in the trades.

You did the right thing brother..... thats some badazz weather.... you just cant overcome the black ice...and what about the other guy that comes at you sideways?       Wash

Tri tip again tonight. Threw two prime tri tips covered in Oak Ridge's Santa Maria seasoning. Came out great. Set at 250 with a blend of pellets and a little extra hickory smoke added in.  Pulled them at just over 120 and moved them to the gas grill with 3 burners on high for about 2 minutes each side. Let sit for 15. Carve. The seasoning is quite "spicy". Not hot, almost over seasoned. Might have to tame it down a hair on the next set.   These were just about perfect other than that. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by DNP

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic