• Visit Sportsmans Guide

I need a new .45

Robocop1051

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HD thanks for the heads up.

Colt kind of pissed me off with this one. Why make a featureless pistol? Why DAO? Why not DA/SA? No Trijicon sights? Why the Government model only?

If this were all steel, commander size, DA/SA with a rail... I'd be standing at the gun counter with cash (and Trijicon sights) in hand.

• 4 weeks later...

I have only heard of one SIG issue...and it was a P220 Carry.

One of our other instructors for SAFE had one, which was his daily carry.  One day at the range, at around the total round count of 800 it quit firing.  No dimple on the primers, firing pin appeared to be intact.

He took it back to the shop, who stripped it down and found nothing wrong, did a thorough cleaning, and put it back together.  It now fires flawlessy.

But he has that little nagging in the back of his head.

Jon

But he has that little nagging in the back of his head.

The only nagging in the back of my head from time to time is my wife saying " do you really need that" or " if you really think you have to have it" or" no, no, no not until I get my stair case finished".

Then I always say ok baby I will get to it as soon as I get this or that..lol I still have to get it done.

Weaponizer, I see you have an old Lyman turret press. That is the press I started out with when I started reloading, and I still have mine. Other than mine, I haven't seen one of those in years! I would hate to try and guess how many times I've cranked that handle up & down. Those things are as tough as an anvil.

Weaponizer, I see you have an old Lyman turret press. That is the press I started out with when I started reloading, and I still have mine. Other than mine, I haven't seen one of those in years! I would hate to try and guess how many times I've cranked that handle up & down. Those things are as tough as an anvil.

Yes, brother heminut, thats the press i started with that i bought in 1973!! At that time i didn't know anyone who reloaded so i read, read, and read, by the time i actually loaded my first round (45ACP) i had read so much that i was scared that i was going to blow up myself and the gun lol...

Yes, brother heminut, thats the press i started with that i bought in 1973!! At that time i didn't know anyone who reloaded so i read, read, and read, by the time i actually loaded my first round (45ACP) i had read so much that i was scared that i was going to blow up myself and the gun lol...

I teach reloading also.  That statement right there is the Numero Uno reason that people don't want to get into reloading...me included.

Funny...tell people "All you have to do is pay attention to what you are doing and double and triple check everything," and they look at you like "Nope!  That thar ain't worth it!"

Jon

Funny...tell people "All you have to do is pay attention to what you are doing and double and triple check everything," and they look at you like "Nope!  That thar ain't worth it!"

Jon

poop, that's easy for OCD guys like me...  <laughs>  It's just the AD/HD that gets me!  <lmao>