• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I need a new .45

Robocop1051

I guess "need" isn't the most appropriate word, but it's a lot easier to write than "really, really, REALLY, want"...

My department rewrote their on-duty carry policy (after 15 years). Previously we were allowed to carry either Beretta 94's or Sig P226's, both in .40 cals. Now the list has expanded to Ruger, S&W, Glock, HK, and Colt... As long as it is NOT a 1911... That last part fucked me good.

I'm not a Glock fan (nothing against Glock, just not for me), and based on the choices I'm thinking I'll stick with the Sig.

Here's my thinking....

50916.jpg

Then maybe a set of these G10 grips...

20117-BLKGRYL.jpg

Don't tempt me to try this too...

610_IMG_3787.JPG

... with perhaps one of these...

p_892000065_1.jpg

Oh no. My wallet is already starting to panic.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When gunaphobes run a department they fear the "cocked and locked" gun. I argue that there is no difference, but they are blind to their ignorance.

Their argument, they only want DA/SA or DAO automatic pistols. Although Glocks are allowed?!? What is the difference between a Glock with a 5# trigger and a 1911 with a 5# trigger???

Nonsense.

Get a Ruger Redhawk with a 7" barrel in .45 Colt, and get the cylinder redone to take .45acp with moonclips.

Then polish that bad boy until you can send a light signal to Mars, and carry it in a minimalist holster (so it reflects sunlight in 100 different directions).

Make sure to wear mirrored shades too.

Jon

Personally, Iv always liked the Sig. next to my 1911, that is.LOL!!!

i bought the frist 220 to come into the states from Dean Grenell, the gun wrighter.  He's dead now, but was fun to hang with!

Dean was the last of the pro-writers to get it from Sig, and he bought it from them.  Then He sold it to my knife making buddy, B0b  Loveless, and Bob traded it to me.

I shot it for a while, then sold it to a friend, who went to work for the FBI.

He still has it, and the hasn't been a single failure of any kind in the last 30 years.

Funny, I almost bought a used one two weeks ago.  By the time I decided, the shop that had it had sold it.LOL!!!!

Respectfully

Terry

Some may laugh but a friend of mine bought a HighPoint 9 took it apart to clean it and could not put it back together. I bought it for 100 bucks sent it to HighPoint they made it like a new one sent it back to my mail box. I took it and firex 200 rounds through it with no cleaning at all I did keep it oiled well but all that still says a lot. I have sence sold the little 9 and moved away from Highpoint also had a carbine 9 rifle from them and never a problem.

Hi-Point

Firearm of choice for retired police chiefs the world wide. What's that you say? Read it for yourself!

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/handguns/handguns_45acp.html

<laughs> <lmao>

Some may laugh but a friend of mine bought a HighPoint 9 took it apart to clean it and could not put it back together. I bought it for 100 bucks sent it to HighPoint they made it like a new one sent it back to my mail box. I took it and firex 200 rounds through it with no cleaning at all I did keep it oiled well but all that still says a lot. I have sence sold the little 9 and moved away from Highpoint also had a carbine 9 rifle from them and never a problem.

I like to make fun of Hi-Point, but I don't doubt a bit that people have had good experiences with them. I like just about anything that goes boom, but when it comes to a weapon that will be drawn to save my own life or that of a loved one, I hope beyond hope that the weapon I draw is not a Hi-Point.

I do have to agree with you on that one. That is why I found that dummy to sell them to and have never got another. I don't put Tarus much higher then High Point at that.

I like to make fun of Hi-Point, but I don't doubt a bit that people have had good experiences with them. I like just about anything that goes boom, but when it comes to a weapon that will be drawn to save my own life or that of a loved one, I hope beyond hope that the weapon I draw is not a Hi-Point.

I do not own a Hi-Point, but if I found myself with one to defend myself I would not be very worried, people who do own them always say that they are reliable.

If however I was in the same situation but with a Raven or Jennings or such, I would be looking for a big stick and a few rocks.