• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I need a new .45

Robocop1051

Another thing is this (which I have a hard time with):  other people have tried it already-if they say it isn't a good idea, don't do it.

Even though I had some great loads worked up (all my work-ups are done on a single stage press) with 9mm and Red Dot, people on forums, reloading manuals, and people in person said "Don't use large flake powders like Red Dot with auto-presses...you get very inconsistent powder charges!"

Heh...that was them, not me.

Checked the first 20 rounds or so for powder, all looked good, so I cranked out 100 rounds of 9mm with what was supposed to be my awesome load.  Ran a bunch through my pocket 9 and they didn't feel good.  Looked at the empty cases and some primers looked like they were now large and flat primers.

Crap.

Took them home and pulled the remaining 90+ rounds, weighing the charge on each.  Weights ranged from 2.2gr up to 4.2 gr of Red Dot.

So now when people tell me "That's not such a good reloading idea," I listen.

Still proving them wrong with electricity though!  <thumbsup>

Jon

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well having consulted with our 1911 wizard brother Larry [aka heminut] have settled on a .45. Sig's Scorpion carry they got it for $949.00 looking for lower price no luck so far.Working on paying a few bills hope in a few weeks I'll have a new addition.Brother Larry is a brainiac on 1911's thanks for the 411 brother. <thumbsup>

Sig's Scorpion carry...

That is one BADASS pistol, brother!  <thumbsup>

Local buddy has the Scorpion 5".  If he leaves that thing laying out too long, he's gonna be lookin' for it...  I'm just sayin'...  ;D

I am loving mine  <thumbsup> I have the 5 inch and it shoots better then any handgun Ive ever shot <thumbsup>, Today I bought my wife an new Avalon Limited so maybe just maybe I can sneek in the shop and drop the other Sig Classic they have in layaway without her knowing, but then agine a new 550B sounds great and I should be able to get a nice set up started for 1k <dontknow> maybe thats more the way I'm going to look.