• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

FNG in Texas

CavScout62

I'm a 50 yr old disabled veteran in deep E. Tx. Been shooting an Armalite AR-10 for many years in both .308 & .243. I've pretty much tried all the big name makers and come to the conclusion that for ME, Armalite is the best rifle there is. I carried the Colt in the Army and it was allright but nowhere near the Armalite. I am interested in the new Colt that has both uppers and can swap both 556 and 308 using the same lower so if anybody gets one i'd love to hear about it!

Thanks for the warm welcome! As for the .243, man that thing shoots like a laser beam! All I've run through it are 85-100gr bullets as that is what Armalite reccomends but I love it using those weight bullets! I dropped a 10 point Buck out at the "Home Place" this past deer season @ 168 yards with it and he never took a step. If you are a .243 fan I reccomend getting an upper for your AR-10 lower, you won't be dissapointed.