• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Side charging upper receiver

MikedaddyH

Looked at one of their uppers today and it is a very good design.

It does not reciprecaite and has a folding handle. Has a sleeve on the left side which holds the charging handle in position. The rear end of the upper receiver has a hinged metal door that holds the gas in. The key to their system is a half inch slot milled into the bolt carrier.

The stripped U R is going for $349 ,and $425 with ASA modified bolt carrier. Also the forward assist has been deleted.

Im going to put one of these on my next AR15 build !  <thumbsup>

Once you visit in person, there's no recovery...  <lmao>  You already stated it, brother - back there every couple months; they're your source for small parts, etc. 

They're your pusher, now...  <laughs> <thumbsup>

I'm afraid to go up there, myself.  I have enough pushers as it is - Roger @ Battlearms knows this...  :o <lmao>

I did make another order through ASA last night, though. 

Could you clarify this for me? Am I understanding you correctly that this non reciprocating upper receiver is being offered by American Spirit Arms? I see that you're referring to it for use on an AR 15 platform, is that correct? I recall that they build complete .308 guns with the non reciprocating side charger, do you know if they intend to offer large platform upper receivers and bolt carriers as well?

Could you clarify this for me? Am I understanding you correctly that this non reciprocating upper receiver is being offered by American Spirit Arms? I see that you're referring to it for use on an AR 15 platform, is that correct? I recall that they build complete .308 guns with the non reciprocating side charger, do you know if they intend to offer large platform upper receivers and bolt carriers as well?

Non reciprocating AR15 uppers and complete AR15 guns . I fondeled one which had a pricetag of $1750. The stripped upper is $349 and one with a moddified bolt carrier is $425.

I have not seen one of there 308 guns , but that does not mean they dont make them.

I dont know anything about what they have in the works. Just a customer.

Once you visit in person, there's no recovery...  <lmao>  You already stated it, brother - back there every couple months; they're your source for small parts, etc. 

They're your pusher, now...  <laughs> <thumbsup>

I'm afraid to go up there, myself.  I have enough pushers as it is - Roger @ Battlearms knows this...  :o <lmao>

I did make another order through ASA last night, though. 

Who's the crackhead here...At lease I can step away from the counter.  <laughs>

I have a much harder time when I go to Coleman-Tyler. Thats is where I feel like a parts junkie. They have everthing I need, I only go there with cash in hand plastic is "Verbotten".

Who's the crackhead here...At lease I can step away from the counter.  <laughs>

I will not deny my affliction, not in the least...  The first step is...  Yep, I have a problem.  :o <laughs>

didnt CT close?

I think we're about to see a new level of "freakin'out" if that's the true case...  <lmao>

I will not deny my affliction, not in the least...  The first step is...  Yep, I have a problem.  :o <laughs>

I think we're about to see a new level of "freakin'out" if that's the true case...  <lmao>

Yeah I have a problem too ! I just dont have as much money to blow as you. Its like the pot calling the kettle black.