• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Thoughts on carrying LR308

Magwa

Ok i got the idea of this now here is what the lady said in the email they would sell me a DPMS clamp and the carbine length fore arm that they sell for AR 15's so if i put a JP gas block A2 sight combo on then i would need to check the length from barrel nut to back of sight  to see if i need a cutout or not . I need a front sight in any case and i like the A2 over clamp on so i guess i need the A2 sight first.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok first off i want no problems with Tacti-cat.

here is a picture of my rifle and a pic of the apex with cutout it looks to be longer than my carbine fore arm so maybe they take that into account and it is made to cover the sight as pictured or maybe it is a mid length and the cut out allows it to be used on a carbine length gas system i think that may be the case  OK news flash i went back to Apex site it is a 2150 Apex Handguard, AR-15, GatorGrip, Extended Carbine Length with Cutout so it is extended length carbine so i thin k it will work...

3738_pd211484_5.jpg

DSC0336350.jpg

Another way to trim a few ounces is to trim back your P-Mag so it only holds a reduced amount of ammo. In Missouri were only aloud to have 10 round mags for hunting. I took a P-Mag removed the spring and follower and stuck it in my chop saw, reattached the floor plate with the spring and follower, and now have a 6 round mag for hunting. It almost fits flush with the magwell which helps to keep it from hanging on brush and limbs as walk through the woods. 

Ok first off i want no problems with Tacti-cat.

<laughs>  No problems, brother - he's cool.  I'll keep the muzzle on him.  <thumbsup>

I get it now, Magwa - "extended carbine" is what they're calling that for the 5.56 guns.  I think it's awesome as all hell that they'll whip one of those out for you.  Says alot about the company, right there. 

Tacti-Cat trying to sneak a trip to the range with me.  He's pretty good with a 10/22.  :o

post-71-136297285632_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone i really appreciate your help i am jacked to get these parts over the winter and get this rifle finished to fit and form for me... and i will be curious as to weight difference in the end I will weigh the rifle as is before i start.. and yes much praise to Apex for working with me on this and i will let them know they are appreciate them as well...

• 1 month later...

Ok all done it was a breeze once I started making tools lol net loss in weight 7and 1/4 oz's almost a 1/2 lb not bad will help this old man in the mountains...

That's "swing weight," too, brother - out there in the front, past the balance point.  It'll make a dramatic effect, and feel like alot more than it is.  Bonus, too - you gain a fixed front sight setup, and increased handguard length.  <thumbsup>