• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Single Point Sling adapter for 308 with A2 stock

308truthseeker

I am building a 308AR and have choosen an A2 stock.  However, I would like to use a single point sling or have the option to do so.  I have seen relatively inexpensive receiver plates that have slots or loops for a single point sling.  I have one on my franken M4.  The only one I have found for an A2 buttstock is available from DPMS directly or the same thing from other retailers online. 

http://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/slings-sling-swivels/tactical-sling-mounts/ar-15-m16-a2-single-point-sling-adapter-prod31829.aspx

I am guessing that the spacer described is in addition to the one between the end of the buffer tube and A2 stock where the longer screw goes.

I find that $40 is a little rich for me for the ability to use a single point sling on my 308 and its A2 buttstock.

Anyone know of a similar item that might be cheaper?

The only one I have found for an A2 buttstock is available from DPMS directly or the same thing from other retailers online. 

http://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/slings-sling-swivels/tactical-sling-mounts/ar-15-m16-a2-single-point-sling-adapter-prod31829.aspx

You're probably gonna have to go with something like that, as the A1 and A2 fixed stock don't use an endplate - the stock itself hold everything in place.

Another option is integrating QD sockets into your stock, or switching your A2 over to the MagPul fixed stock, which already has QDs built into it.

PDE_moe%20fixed_01.jpg

There are single point slings that you can loop the sling around the stock & no need to have a clip type or loop adapter .

The spec ops sling( from Brownells , of course) I have ,will set up in a number of ways & securely, at that .

I had it set up for my 870 to hunt with ( slug gun ), with out an adapter , but ended up getting one for it later on & an HK type clip for quick release .

There are single point slings that you can loop the sling around the stock & no need to have a clip type or loop adapter .

The spec ops sling( from Brownells , of course) I have ,will set up in a number of ways & securely, at that .

I had it set up for my 870 to hunt with ( slug gun ), with out an adapter , but ended up getting one for it later on & an HK type clip for quick release .

This. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2515314827/spec-ops-ready-fire-mode-buttstock-magazine-pouch-ar-10-fn-fal

I am ordering this tomorrow morning.  Exactly what I was looking for and the cheapest I can find.

http://www.grscinc.com/adapters.html

The expensive shipping charges on alot of the websites is what kills me.  $1.50 S&H makes sense, nothing like good old slow USPS at a low price.  I still think the $32 is expensive but it is the cheapest I can find.  Some of these gun parts are truely to high.

Thanks for the input from everyone.  This item and the MIAD Magpul pistol grip I have coming will finish up my CMMG 308 lower.

Now to save for my Fulton Armory 308 upper...

• 1 month later...

I aquired one of these and found out that there was a design flaw. Now to some, it may not mean much, but It's something that stuck in my head.

After looking at the replacemant screw, I noticed that it did not have the drain hole drilled through it like the A1 or A2 screw. Like I said, to some, that may not be a big thing, but to me it was.

I like the idea for the A2 stock, but that one thing turned me away from useing it.

• 1 month later...