• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

How do you cook 'em?

Robocop1051

Of course fresh catch over the campfire can't be beat. I love a rainbow trout, caked in lemon pepper, garlic salt and butter, wrapped in foil, and tossed on the coals.

I was cooking salmon at home tonight and realized it was already 8pm when I started dinner. I had big plans for a Whiskey marinade I read about, but time was gone. Instead I laid out two narrow cut steaks and covered them with McCormicks "lemon and herb". Then I sliced a lemon really thin and draped the slices over the meat. Last I drizzled some olive oil over everything. Tossed the whole thing in the oven and broiled on high for 14 minutes. Total prep+cook time was less than 20 mins. This was completely a blind cook, but I loved every bite! The lemon practically melted into the fish, and the meat flaked perfectly. I couldn't be more satisfied with little bit of creativity tonight.

How do you guys like 'em done?

Salmon ahhh the fish of life we get a run of kings here every year and i fill my quota of 20 fish each year the fish average 15lbs but my largest last year was 29lb 8 0z.... blackened is awesome, baked with butter and lemon is allso great we love to take a big fillet and cover it with about 1/4 inch of real mayo then chop up two or three bell peppers red, green and yellow ans cover the entire fillet do this on tin foil then seal and bake it is awesome. also we like to cover in tai chille marinade and then bake in tin foil Salmon you really can not screw it up unless you over cook it... bone appy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...