• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

XDS 45 (edited from XDs)

shepp

Well with how much I like my xd40 and watching some YouTube and what you guys have to say I think when I get my bonus I'm gonna go to the gun shop and play lets make a deal. They've got the XDS in stock and the dpms ar 15 I want along with a used 870 with a short barrel for pretty cheap cuz the stock is cashed ( I wanna do a tactical build). Nothing like spending money before you got it lol

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soon you will stand sideways stick out you're tongue and look like a zipper. :o <laughs>

That's funny! 

I had a buddy who was built like a bear...shoulder width all the way down, big guy.  When I went off to bootcamp he got into bicycle racing.

Next time I saw him he was a little V-shaped from the front but not much...turn him sideways and I started calling him Wafer Boy. <laughs>

Jon

AWESOME PRICE!!!

I'm pretty sure that if I could find a deal like that locally, with two of them on-hand, I'd be able to talk Jon into "1/2 a matched set..."  <lmao> ;D

Just alil hole in the wall gun shop 12x12 maybe and literally floor to ceiling guns. They run a special of the day on FB and today was the day!!

Also had a .556 dpms orical for 650 I see msrp for that is 729 may have to walk out with two guns when I go back

I've had my XDs for about three months now and it continues to impress me. Not a single hiccup and recoil is fairly light. Trigger feels good compared to other double actions. It's actually a fun plinker and a beer can slayer even out to 30 yards. It's hard to beat a little pistol with a big ol hole.

All XD types are fired with the striker being released from a fully-cocked position.  The action of the trigger disengages the striker-block safety, before releasing the sear/striker set.  Some argue that this is single-action, as no hammer is involved.

The Glocks, M&Ps, Kahr, a few others have that odd half-cocked striker system where the trigger completes the cocking cycle and releases the striker.  Not a true double-action.

On our 5.25 XD-m I installed a Powder River Precision trigger kit, leaving the trigger spring stock but using all other components with the kit.  The striker releases now at 4-4.5#s of pressure, with almost zero takeup and the overtravel controlled by a stop, which PRP molds into the rear of the trigger.  No worry of a screw loosening and making the pistol not function.

A few snooty competition shooters have tried the trigger, stating it compares favorably to higher-end Kimber or Springfield Armory 1911s.

Twelve thumbs up!

Jon

Went with my buddy to pick his xdm 40 up, put some money down and file my by check, like I said before gun shop is like 10x12 floor to ceiling guns and gun stuff. We pull up there musta been 20 people in there it was a fucking mad house in there 1/2 the AR's that were in there 3 days ago gone people are sweatin this poop they said all day was nuts

:ecs:  :hethan:

Well apparently now I need two of them!

Congrats!  Those look sharp with the extended mags!

Jon

<thumbsup> thank you sir, ill report back after i shoot it. im please with it too feels awesome with the extention mag and i was very please with the box set. come with two extra fiber optic cores for the front sight one green one red, a thicker back for the grip two mags and a paddle holster, it doesnt have a speed loader but its not to bad to load with out, would be nice if it came with one tho