• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

XDS 45 (edited from XDs)

shepp

so there was alil talk of this in another thread and i didnt wanna totally jack it

so anyways i went to the gun shop today and held one. i really like it minus the length of the grip but thats pretty much any compact it guess. and with the extendtion its fine. so has anyone shot one yet?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a XD 45 years ago. Didn't like the trigger pull. Never could quite get used to it. Would double tap. When trying to reset the trigger.

Nice gun. Just didn't like it for me. Wouldn't mind checking out the new XDM45 and see how it feels though. I would recommend it as a good quality pistol even though I no longer own one.

I've got 3 XDm .45s.

The 5.25 "match" version comes with the same trigger as the other XDms.  So I put a Powder River Precision trigger kit in it.

It now breaks clean at about 3.5#s, with very very little take up and almost no overtravel (overtravel stops are molded into the PRP triggers).  It is as good or better than the triggers that come stock on Kimbers and Springfields in the $1500-2000 range.

Tom...thumb safety?  Really?  What have you been rubbing on that mangina?  <lmao>

If you want a 1911 get (another) one.  They make them in plastic now too.

Jon

We get full size XD .45 for duty carry, I carry an XD(M) .40 on some days and have an XDs on order.

I like the s as long as I have the grip extension on the mag though. It handles rather well for a sub compact .45 and is easy to conceal in my vest while I am riding.

I really like my xd40, but it's bulky feels good on my hip but I don't think I could conseal it very well. I agree about the grip extension I don't like my pinky hanging off or under the mag.

Jon, I only bought the XD45 because of all the pressure from you plastic-gun people...  <lmao>  I picked up the LEO version because it's most like a 1911.

You plastic-gun people are lucky I caved in that far...  <laughs>

Greg - no chance, brother.  You used a 5" 1911 to outshoot someone with a 4" 1911...  Not that you can shoot my Desert Warrior better than I can...  ;D <munch>

(I feel next year's challenge forming already... )

I somehow KEEP forgetting to call him.  >:(  I swear every morning that I'll call that day, then get busy at work and forget to do it.  I was thinking about it last Sunday morning when I met up with Jon - how convenient that would have been to pick it up, since I was already in Tucson...

I'll do my best to remember tomorrow, and see what the status is.  Those grips are gonna be SCHWEEEEET!!!  :happydrunks:

I have had my XDS for awhile now. I'm happy with it. With the 5rnd mag I can pocket carry it. With either the pearce finger ext or the 7rnd mag it goes in my iwb holster and it is easy to forget its there. I have about 400 rnds threw mine and it has been perfect. I switched over from a Keltec Pf9, and the XDS was a huge uprgade.  Tim

I really like my xd40, but it's bulky feels good on my hip but I don't think I could conseal it very well. I agree about the grip extension I don't like my pinky hanging off or under the mag.

I dont have a problem consealing my xd40 with a good holster and baggy clothing. It is much better in a shoulder holster.

I have had my XDS for awhile now. I'm happy with it. With the 5rnd mag I can pocket carry it. With either the pearce finger ext or the 7rnd mag it goes in my iwb holster and it is easy to forget its there. I have about 400 rnds threw mine and it has been perfect. I switched over from a Keltec Pf9, and the XDS was a huge uprgade.  Tim

Right on Tim!

I never thought it would be anything less than 100%.

Looks like I have to get one so I can wear a Speedo to our next shootmeet!

<thumbsup>

Jon

missed this post thank you for the input:D

Honestly, I'm surprised no major LE agencies stateside have considered the XD series.  Certainly Springfield would be willing to work a production deal so they could be built in the USA.

Of the 5 I own or owned, only the XD45 had an issue, one FTFeed on the first magazine ever.  One slide smack and BANG it went.

Jon