• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

"Something Big!"

I already have a stripped upper and lower, built, with Gunfighter charging handle.  It doesn't have a trigger assembly, or a BCG (pic of the starting-point parts at the bottom of this post).  I'll use the Geissele ACT and BCM BCG, as per the spec.  Those are included in my parts list.

My parts list comes to $1,199.30.  That doesn't include shipping of said parts, it doesn't include "Disruptive Grey" Cerakote, and it doesn't include a light setup - I'll use my preferred light setup if I can't find this specific light. 

Cheaper?  Hell yeah, it will be.  Some of my parts that I've picked are a little bit better, too.  We'll see how this turns out, because I'm doing it.  Pic of what I've already got on-hand is below:

post-71-136297286695_thumb.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am new here and my knowledge of the black rifle is limited, but beginning to grow. I know guns in general but have never had the time or interest that seems to have developed the last couple of years. I am here to make it grow.

The guy they are targeting with these products is a guy like me, only with money, LOL.

It took my son and I two years to save up the $ for the 10TBNF "we" now own.

Guys with more money than knowledge keep retailers in business.

This is just like the hot rod world, which I am intimately familiar with.

I know what a good steel crankshaft costs, a good set of rods and pistons, and the cost to balance same. I know the good pieces from the junk. I also know what it costs to prep a block and assemble a short block.

I can buy the pieces and use my connections in the machine shop world, then assemble it for about 55% of what the internet gurus retail them for.

You guys that know these rifles inside out and know which pieces to buy and which are junk are not gonna fall for the pretty pictures and jump in with both feet.

I am thrilled with the 10T, but more so thrilled that it is something me and my adult son can get together on when time allows.

The fact that the stuff you guys are talking about here sells like hotcakes is proof that their are still people out their with cash willing to make purchases based on some advertising, without researching the item....let alone trying to educate themselves about it.

SPBCTS, don't get the Jack rifle wrong, just based on what's said here - that is a very, very high quality rifle that is backed by a couple very important things - Travis Haley is the one that spec'd the parts.  Bravo Company and Geissele are the two main component companies, and those are of the very highest quality in components.  Now, both those companies also have guarantees on their parts that are rivaled by very few other companies, and their customer service is also top-notch.

Now, with a combination like that, it's definitely a rifle that you never have to worry about "breaking," and if something could/should happen to go wrong with it, the problem will be handled in rapid fashion. 

The price is up there, in LaRue territory, quite honestly.  It's a little steep.  At this time, parts are kinda hard to find, to make matters even more complicated.  I'll build this rifle with a couple changes, but those are parts that I prefer to have on my rifles.  I can build it a little cheaper than the listed price, with the few other parts that I like to shoot with.  I won't build it at any lesser quality than it's at in it's current offering, and some parts I use will be better than what it's coming with. 

I'll just have to see how it all turns out.  I did locate a Cerakote color that's pretty damn similar, too.  <thumbsup>

Rail and barrel on the way - went for the big items before they were gone.  Everything else, minus a BCG, should be on the way next week.  BCGs are OOS everywhere right now...  Might have to hit the LGS and overpay for a good one...  :-[

Rail and barrel on the way - went for the big items before they were gone.  Everything else, minus a BCG, should be on the way next week.  BCGs are OOS everywhere right now...  Might have to hit the LGS and overpay for a good one...  :-[

Bcgs in stock at Fulton,  better hurry, I'm getting mine when I get out of work at 7 am.

Rail and barrel both shipping today, due here on Friday (BBT - Big Brown Truck).  Everything else should ship tomorrow, and would probably be here Thursday. 

Still trying to get the right paint - haven't ordered that stuff yet. I'll build it and shoot it next weekend, then rip it down and paint it when I get the right stuff.  <thumbsup>

Barrel and all small parts will be here today, mags and light mount will be here tomorrow.  UPS fucked up the shipment on the Geissele rail, and it's been sitting in a train station in Baltimore, MD for 2 1/2 days.  That bastard won't be here until Xmas eve at the soonest.  >:(

Not shooting it this weekend, that's for sure.  <dontknow>

Well, more got "shipping fucked" in this quick-build.  I ordered the barrel and rail the night of the 16th - Sunday night.  America's Greatest Gun Salesman hadn't even been on TV yet, spewing his bullpoopy.  Fukstein hadn't made her speech yet, either. 

Geissele had the rail packaged and picked up on Monday (UPS).  Bravo Company had the barrel packaged and picked up Monday (UPS).  Monday morning, before work, DSG Arms had a shipping notification to me for all the small parts.  That package was "accepted" by USPS...  Tuesday, I ordered mags and a VLTOR light mount from DSG, and THAT was "crazy day..."  DSG's site was down ("crashed from overload" is a better term...) on Tuesday and Wednesday, but my latest (by Thursday) tracking notification was that the second package (mags/mount) was "accepted" by USPS Wednesday.

The only thing that made it as planned was the 14.5" midlength BCM barrel.  Who knows what UPS has done with the damn rail - "Late Train" is the only description in the shipment tracking.  Is the damn thing ON the train?  Did the train wreck?  Is it a Party Train on it's way to Daytona, or Vegas?  :wtf: does "Late Train" mean, you dipshits?

The DSG stuff (not even their fault, in the least - they got the packages out, but the USPS is bonin' the pooch)...  One tracking number still says it's going to be delivered on the 20th.  poop, that's yesterday - update your poop, USPS. 

This is the first one, and it's status is "Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility; December 18, 2012, 7:29 pm."  This is the small parts - basically, the rest of the damn rifle.

Second one, mags and mount, still shows that it'll be delivered tomorrow, by the tracking status.  However, it's current status is "Depart USPS Sort Facility; December 21, 2012," and that's after "Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility; December 20, 2012, 7:51 pm."

Okay, so wait a minute here.  Did the first one not depart that damn Sort Facility yet?...  It doesn't say so in the status... 

Bottom line - I have no idea when all this poop will show up.  Both companies are very stand-up companies (Geissele and DSG Arms), so I have no fear that it can be handled.  My faith in the shipping companies (UPS, and USPS) is nil.  <dontknow>

I've reached a point with the USPS that I won't allow anything time sensitive to be shipped by there "flat rate" box. That line of crap "on time or it is free" is serious B.S.

I live in a small town, very small, and everyone knows the postmaster by first name, and he us. It ain't his fault he has to ride for the brand, but they are a joke. Apparently, once it arrive at the P.O. their clock stops...even if it doesn't make it into the P.O. box, or they don't put out a pickup slip for 3-4 days after that.

The problem is everyone is using the USPS to ship stuff cause it is cheap. Even if you put down your street address and ask for  UPS or FEDEX if they USPS can handle it that is how it goes.

Frustrating as heck.

Done.  Well, minus paint, and the proper VLTOR light mount - I was shipped the wrong diameter mount, but I'll keep the one I received.

Rifle details:

* Aero Precision stripped upper and lower

* KNS precision ground pin set

* Armalite springs, throughout

* ALG ACT trigger

* BCM 14.5" midlength gas standard barrel

* BCM BCG, BCM Gunfighter charging handle (large latch)

* Geissele 13" Super Modular Rail, MK2 (the original rifle specs the MK1 rail, 10"-ish)

* Roger's BAD-ASS, of course

* Troy flip-up sights, with the HK-type hooded front

* AAC BrakeOut 51t suppressor mount fh/brake combo

* DD MK12 gas block, with Armalite midlength gas tube

* MagPul STR stock, MOE rubberized grip, and polymer trigger guard, milspec 6-position receiver extension, Armalite buffer spring and Armalite carbine buffer

* Lancer L5 AWM mags, out the ass.  20 of them, 10 black and 10 smoke translucent.

* Currently a VLTOR/ADM combo quick detach offset light mount with a SureFire C2 Centurion light.  It will be the VLTOR/ADM combo quick detach light mount with a SureFire E2 LED light, when I get the proper light mount.

Only thing I still need is the Cerakote grey paint, and the light mount.  I switched up a few things from the original rifle, based on personal preference - I like the STR stock over the B5 stock.  I like the MOE rubber grip, alot.  I'll always run SureFire lights, and I love VLTOR light mounts.  I went with the 13" rail for a couple reasons - primarily, more handguard length, and secondary - the 10" isn't even close to being in stock right now.  Other than that, this is the same quality rifle that the Jack is.  <thumbsup>

100_0624_zps2eb8089c.jpg

TactiCat got his furry ass into the pics...

[img width=810 height=607]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m239/rgrhartley/100_0622_zpsaad644f1.jpg

[img width=810 height=607]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m239/rgrhartley/100_0623_zps051076b2.jpg

He's 2 now, and a freak of nature - I can't open a gun case without him jumping in.  Anytime I get something firearms-related out, he's on it - like, ON it.  If he had thumbs, he'd be my assistant gunner...  <laughs>

He has two others here - twins from the same litter, and they're 9 now.  And female.  He terrorizes them, relentlessly...  <lmao>

He's 2 now, and a freak of nature - I can't open a gun case without him jumping in.  Anytime I get something firearms-related out, he's on it - like, ON it.  If he had thumbs, he'd be my assistant gunner...  <laughs>

He has two others here - twins from the same litter, and they're 9 now.  And female.  He terrorizes them, relentlessly...  <lmao>

My cat "Mauser" not "Mouser" like everyone thought, loved to shred the gray egg crate foam in my cheap gun cases. It was crack to him.

"Crack" for TactiCat is...  toilet paper.  Fuk me if I forget and leave a roll out.  It's decimated, and all over the place when I come home...  :o <laughs>

He's fond of any kind of bubble-wrap in packages, too...  Mangled.  <lmao>