• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

"Something Big!"

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know you wanna hit my 37mm launcher with a coat of FDE ;) . I was going to buy a spray can, but I don't know wtf I'm doing.

If you go the spray-can route, get Aervoe paints from DSG.  I shot the whole FV-SR with Aervoe Paints, and that poop is holding up GREAT!  <thumbsup>

FV-SRpaintdone.jpg

There's been lots of speculation over the color of this rifle - many are trying to find out what the Haley/BCM gray color is, because it's listed as "Disruptive Gray" in the rifle specs.

As it would happen, I had all the poop painted, after "touch-ups" today, whilst at work, and I didn't know if I still had my "rail installation specs."  I called Geissele, and asked what the two allen-bolt-specs were for the rail.  Bottom line is 10lb/ft, for future reference...

I told then what I did, why I had it apart (for paint), and he asked what color I used.  Simpley stated "Cerakote Sniper Gray," and he said "You're building a JACK..."  I laughed, and told him that was exactly what I was doing...  <laughs>

I promised them pictures, so I need to get better pictures to send in to them.  <thumbsup>

Jon, just parts and no shipping included, it totaled out at $1,649.55, which does include paint.  That doesn't include mags that I ordered around the same time, just because those things get used everywhere.  <thumbsup>

Rene, thanks, brother!  :happydrunks:

Jack is the only son of Awe Schitt and O. Schitt. Awe Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married O. Schitt, the owner of Needeep N. Schitt Inc. They had one son, Jack. In turn, Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt, and the deeply religious couple produced 6 children: Holie Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Giva Schitt, Bull Schitt, and the twins: Deap Schitt and Dip Schitt. Against her parent's objections, Deap Schitt married Dumb Schitt, a high school drop out. However, after being married 15 years, Jack and Noe Schitt divorced. Noe Schitt later remarried Ted Sherlock and, because her kids were living with them, she wanted to keep her previous name. She was then known as Noe Schitt-Sherlock. Meanwhile, Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt and they produced a son of nervous disposition, Chicken Schitt. Two other of the 6 children, Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt, were inseparable throughout childhood and subsequently married the Happens brothers in adual ceremony. The wedding announcement in the newspaper announced the Schitt-Happens wedding. The Schitt-Happens children were Dawg Schitt, Byrd Schitt, and Hoarse Schitt. Bull Schitt, the prodigal son, left home to tour the world. Herecently returned from Italy with his new Italian bride, Pisa Schitt.

Tom, that looks killer  <thumbsup> I'm going to have to put a few extra days into my vacation when I come out to camp on the range. We can shoot your whole collection...I would love to have that one for a little photo shoot.

• 9 years later...

Okay.  I never did like this rifle.  Only gun I ever considered selling, just because the only "purpose" it had was to beat the price of the BCM Haley Jack gun.  I beat that in spades.

But, that was the only purpose I really had for building this gun in the first place.  I never really shot it.  It ended up with a 1~6 scope, that I pulled off it for the .338 Fed gun.  I raided a charging handle out it if for something, and the trigger...

I liked it, but just didn't like it, if that makes sense.

Well...   that motherfucker is in a WHOLE NEW WORLD right now...  :banana:  I had to find this topic, just to Necro it 8 years later... 

Swapped in a BA Cro-Mo 18" SPR barrel, popped in a LaRue trigger, "found" an original BCM VLTOR large-latch charging handle buried in the gunsafe, and popped on a temporary optic (until I can get another one from PA, and another LT-158 mount from LaRue). 

This is a BAD BITCH now.  5.56 Fury.  :bat:

All the sudden, I love this gun, like I hated it before.  180* turn on this fucker...   :hail::laffs:

IMG_0753.thumb.JPG.990699c87a975c81a122f85aecba38a4.JPG

IMG_0754.thumb.JPG.3ec5d9a177a5a79456e823091f8dfa3b.JPG

IMG_0755.thumb.JPG.69f5a7dde25a7721bdd29f28b0435572.JPG

IMG_0756.JPG.6af8dc671bfd0e17f88e2411b7935432.JPG