• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

"Something Big!"

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LAME!!!

I hate this shit. Some "Jack"off puts his name on a product, gets a decent write up, and a rifle using 5 year old technology and a fancy paint job is considered the latest and greatest.... And for the low low price of $2100!!!!

Who are they selling this crap too! I just built a race gun with the same measurements that'll beat that JACK rifle into the dirt. I hate that companies release shit like this, thinking we're idiots and won't see past their fancy new grey paint job.

This shit makes me want to start my own company so bad it's sickening.

Just in case some joker, "Jack" off fan, gets upset that I shit on Travis Haley's new turd gun.

Here's my work against the "Jack". Four separate builds, all with a shit ton more rifle for the cost.

14.5" Ambi 5.56 - heavy

14.5" Ambi 5.56 - med

14.5" Ambi 5.56 - lightweight

14.5" Ambi 300blk "Dissipator"

But WTF do I know?! These are just "hobby rifles", right?

Don't get me wrong here. Travis Haley is a real American badass! He's a hero and a budding legend (I think actual legend status should be posthumous). It would be my honor to stand in the same room with the guy, maybe get a chance to shake his hand and get to say "thank you" for everything he has done. It's because of how much I respect the guy that I am so pissed off about this "Jack" rifle.

When I see rifles like the "Jack" I get sick. Just because a name is printed on the side it's the latest and greatest. At least when Costa did it, he used LaRue. Everyone already knew LaRue was great, Costa just agreed by building his rifle there.

Where is the "Jack" superior? Is it more accurate? More reliable? Faster to shoot and reload? Kick less? Recoil less? Slice cheese? Wash toilets? Drive cars? Why should we be buying a Del-Ton with a fancy grey paint job for over $2,100?

I don't know if I'm more upset about the rifle, or the foul stench of "sellout" coming from Haley's lockerroom.

Robo...step away from the internet ......and smell the sweet capitalism lol.  ARs are the flavor of the year and everyone is going to cash in. why not. Some do it with volume...some do it with a pretty roll mark. I think that Costa rifle was a fricken joke but they sold out in hours. Its good for the industry. You can still build better for less if you dont care about the hype.

LAME!!!

I hate this poop. Some "Jack"off puts his name on a product, gets a decent write up, and a rifle using 5 year old technology and a fancy paint job is considered the latest and greatest.... And for the low low price of $2100!!!!

Who are they selling this crap too! I just built a race gun with the same measurements that'll beat that JACK rifle into the dirt. I hate that companies release poop like this, thinking we're idiots and won't see past their fancy new grey paint job.

This poop makes me want to start my own company so bad it's sickening.

Start a .308 AR BCG manufacturer. They can't make em fast enough.

Rob can I send you 4 BCM catalogs so you can use them for target practice at your next range session !

Remember if people want to get ripped off buying overpriced "fad" rifles , let them. Know that your builds are better and you had them first ! War heroes and sports stars sell their name to a product to make a buck, thats the way of the world.

Doesn't matter anyway they will be sold out in a week or two and on BACKORDER !

I agree will ROBO! <thumbsup>

I have shot many over the counter ARs and many M16s during 30 years of military, and my first build with quaility parts out shoots them all. I am not going to be one of the buyers of this piece either. Where is the reason to spend 2 grand+ and then need to change something, I just don't get it. :cookoo:

They're just banking on the trends. We see the same thing in the knife/sword world. There's always some new super steel imbedded with titanium, ceramic, kryptonite and all kinds of other weird stuff, yet; save for the rediscovery of wootz (Damascus) none of them seam to best the time tested standards, D-2, O-1 and S-7.

It's all childish but it at least helps keep things afloat and gives some variety.

BTW. A friend of mine, about a month ago bragged about how much tougher his titanium coated drill bits are then the S-7 steel I work with. I let him try drilling a hole in the handle of a heat treated S-7 blade I was working on. The S-7 blade won. LOL.  And S-7 is a metal you can bend a sword made of to a "C" shape and it flop right back to it's original shape. His drill bits could probably be bent as much as a pencil before snapping.