• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

decent holographic sight

Is there any other holographic site beside EoTech? or do you mean a dot? I dont think Bushnell offers the Holosight any longer but I could be mistaken

are there any mid line sights i guess is what im asking like the eotechs and others i have seen are like 450-800$ is there something worth buying in the 100-250 range thats not junk

thats more of what im talking about thanks!!!!

Red dots and holographic sights are two completely different things. 

They both still have red sighting in the glass, but the one thing that sets a holo sight apart is - with cracked glass, or a bullethole right through the middle of it, if there's something there to project the holograph onto, it's still going to work.

Not the same with a red dot.

Plenty of red dots out there, brother shepp.  Look at the stuff from Burris - the Fast Fire varients, and their mounting systems.  They have great stuff for shotgun mounting.  <thumbsup>

This is the "Speedbead" mounting setup:

Speedbead_2.gif

There are a couple of newer micro red dots out there now - I'll try to dig up some links and info for some of them. 

The Burris has been around for awhile now (they're on the "FastFire 3" model now), and it's about the best combination of pricing/quality that you'll find. 

The Trijicon RMR is going to be the one that's the best quality, hands down.  I think Drew just picked up one of these as a gift not long ago...  <thumbsup>

There will be one going on my 930 SPX.  <thumbsup>

The only thing that could possibly make it better now is this:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/971661/truglo-titan-adjustable-choke-tube-browning-invector-mossberg-accu-choke-weatherby-multi-choke-winchester-win-choke-12-gauge

I'll go halves for a reamer and tap!

Jon

Ive used the Eotechs and some of the mini Holographic sights (Trijicon STS, and Nikko Sturling Diamond Pro t, and C more slide ride ) I love them, and find that if you are realistic about your application, you don't need to spend $500 for them. I think that if your really going to be using one in combat, than the extra money should not be a consideration, but for the rest of us, all you need is a dot that holds it's zero, and can stand up to the recoil of the intended host weapon. All of mine have been trouble free, but I would imagine that the ACOG, ot Trijicon T1 would be more durable in combat. Also, all of mine require that you turn them on, which may not be ideal if you want to be able to pick up the weapon and shoot in an emergency. I believe that the RMR has fiberoptic reticle, so might be better if that is your application. I'm planning to pick up one of the Cmore RTS sights to try out soon.

Red dots and holographic sights are two completely different things. 

They both still have red sighting in the glass, but the one thing that sets a holo sight apart is - with cracked glass, or a bullethole right through the middle of it, if there's something there to project the holograph onto, it's still going to work.

Not the same with a red dot.

Plenty of red dots out there, brother shepp.  Look at the stuff from Burris - the Fast Fire varients, and their mounting systems.  They have great stuff for shotgun mounting.  <thumbsup>

This is the "Speedbead" mounting setup:

Speedbead_2.gif

going with this, thanks guys!!!

Uh oh...  :o

What's up with it?

Not sure if its the after marker stock or what but the metal piece that "pinches" between the stock and reservoir was a pain to line up and fit. And there is a set screw with a plate on the back to seat the mount to the stock and its no where near long enough to make good contact so ill have to shim that