• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

This Is Interesting

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They unveiled that one last year - I've looked at that for quite some time.  .223 bolt will be a good running rifle, AND it's mag fed.  The stock on the thing is great looking...  What's not to like?

I don't have a single .223 bolt gun, but this one might be the one.  Load me up some Berger 90gr VLDs and get busy.  <laughs>

This rifle is already chambered for 5.56 NATO.  You can run .223 Rem or 5.56 through it, no problems.  They thought about that when they made it.  <thumbsup>

There are guys that are either done with, or in the process of, rebarreling these rifles.  300BLK is one of the chamberings.  :o

Jon, I found one (or more) in stock at a place.  Been looking now for a couple days.  Price isn't bad, either.  If they're still in stock on Friday, then...  it'll be on it's way to my FFL.

Want me to send you the link?  <munch>

Nope.  Everything is committed at this point.

Just a FYI...my friend talked to Mossberg about their tactical shotgun not being made for midgets like her.  They told her "Buy the gun, send us the stock, and we'll trade it out for free."

Maybe you CAN have the best of both worlds.

Jon

Joooooooon...    <laughs>

Here's the current status - I'm just sayin'...  <lmao>

In stock

as of 01/10/2013 8:18AM PST

If it's still there tomorrow afternoon, it'll be on the way to my FFL.  So, one way or another, even if I can't convince you that this rifle is a good idea,...  You'll still get to shoot one.  <thumbsup>

Mine is on the way - still in stock right now, at RifleGear.  <thumbsup>

http://www.riflegear.com/p-1614-mossberg-mvp-predator-185.aspx

They have the 20" Predator, also, and in stock.  Click around and it'll come up.  Go to Rifles, Mossberg, and you're there. 

Let's see how long this lasts, once posted...  <laughs>

Placed the order with RifleGear on the 11 Jan.  I've dealt with them in the past on several things, but I've never purchased a lower or firearm from them, so I immediately sent them an email with my local FFL File Copy attached.  I called them yesterday, not for an order status, but just to make sure the email came through with the FFL info.  It did. 

Right now, on their status page, they say DON'T CALL US.  Send emails.  Well, I called anyway...  <dontknow>  The guy I talked to was very, very cool, and actually just started working there not long ago.  AND, he's from Tempe, AZ.  <thumbsup> <laughs>  I ended up on the phone with him for 45 minutes...  <lmao>

At any rate, I was professional enough not to even mention the status of the rifle, or when it would ship - from what he was saying, they're slammed just like the rest of the industry right now.  The status page on the website says that it will be 2 weeks from date of order before in stock items ship, so I've got another week to go, based on that.  Another 1 or 2 days in transit to the FFL.  The day it hits my FFL, I'll break out of work and pick it up.  Then I'll go up the road, to the canyon, and put a SureFire 60rd mag through it...  ;D