• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What A Bargain!

planeflyer21

That's because it's a Saiga.

It's not normally built with a pistol grip. Saigas have regular stocks. If you want it to look like a "normal" AK you have to cut the shit out of the receiver and weld it all back together. Saiga conversions are a real PITA.

That Saiga has a more reasonable stock assembly kit. It's longer than standard, but a lot easier to install than a complete conversion.

Ive paid $600 to $1000 for stripped preban lowers here in CT. Getting ass raped is a way of life here in the land of milk and honey

I feel the pain I spent $70.00 each for .308 Pmags here locally but with supplies the way they are now I felt I had no choice but to buy or to go with out until the demand has has subsided so the shelves can have stock again. Who knows when thats going to happen with the Dems. and media fanning the flames.

The insanity is just amazing.

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that we are picking up another Sig, a P239 in .40.

For years I've been dealing with a retired cop who has an FFL and runs a small shop out of his home, it used to be a very small corner of his garage, enough room for a desk to do the paperwork and a small showcase.

I stopped by because I know him as a friend, like to B.S. with him, and measure the "vibe" in the local community. I also had him order in a couple more mags for the 239.

I was amazed at the people coming in that are just now, and I mean this week, thinking they may need to purchase a firearm.

My pal is wore out. People are driving him nuts, and he is about ready to shut it down as far as the general public is concerned. In the 35-45 minutes I was there the crap I heard come out of peoples mouths confirmed what I learned while working is still true...the parable of the sheepdogs, wolves, and sheep is alive and well.

I was talking to one of the gun counter workers the other day at Sportsman's.

They told me a bout a total novice that came in and bought an AR, knowing nothing about it.  The worker said "You aren't a gun person.  What are you possibly going to use this rifle for?"  The guy said "It may be my last chance to own one."

Jon