• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Community meeting from a large city in my state...

Matt.Cross

Damn, Matt!  That vid is an hour and a half, brother  - with my AD/HD, it'll take a little while to get through, but I'll do it.  <thumbsup>

Matt, from what I'm seeing so far, Jane Bilello knows WTF she's talking about.  <thumbsup>

Matt, I honestly didn't think this would happen...

I just went straight through the whole thing.  Once it started, and the comments were going, I couldn't stop.  I was glued to it, all the way through.  Here's my assessment:

Cecil and Gail will be looking for a new job after the next election.  My prediction.  Their re-election bid is plain hosed, and they did it to themselves.

Cecil is a double-talking, typical politician, and showed his true colors.

Gail lives in a fantasy land.

Every other Councilmember is very straight-forward, and honest representatives - as all should be.

Rich, that kooky psych doc - he knows more about what's going on than anybody else.  That dude has his poop wired tight.

I'd marry Jane.  Is she single, brother?

Brian.  That guy is awesome. He sees what's going on in other places (Illinois, et al) and your county people should listen when he speaks.

Mark, the moderator - perfect for the job, especially from his closing comments. Personal experience speaks higher than anything else, and he really was the one for that job.

I'm ready to move to your county right now.  I'm packing my truck as we speak. 

Everyone on this board should watch all one hundred thiry-one minutes and fourty-three seconds of that video.

Matt, I honestly didn't think this would happen...

I just went straight through the whole thing.  Once it started, and the comments were going, I couldn't stop.  I was glued to it, all the way through.  Here's my assessment:

Cecil and Gail will be looking for a new job after the next election.  My prediction.  Their re-election bid is plain hosed, and they did it to themselves.

Cecil is a double-talking, typical politician, and showed his true colors.

Gail lives in a fantasy land.

Every other Councilmember is very straight-forward, and honest representatives - as all should be.

Rich, that kooky psych doc - he knows more about what's going on than anybody else.  That dude has his shit wired tight.

I'd marry Jane.  Is she single, brother?

Brian.  That guy is awesome. He sees what's going on in other places (Illinois, et al) and your county people should listen when he speaks.

Mark, the moderator - perfect for the job, especially from his closing comments. Personal experience speaks higher than anything else, and he really was the one for that job.

I'm ready to move to your county right now.  I'm packing my truck as we speak. 

Everyone on this board should watch all one hundred thiry-one minutes and fourty-three seconds of that video.

I agree 100% with your assessments. The reason I posted this video is because it reflects the attitude of communities all across my state, and most of our country. When you listen to how the audience reacts to the polls, the questions, and the statements of the panelists, it makes two things painfully clear;

#1. Nobody wants any more legislation regulating guns. It's not enforceable, just like most of the current laws on the books, and not even (currently) law abiding gun owners are going to subject themselves to such laws. The answer lays in dealing with the people who commit these crimes, not the accessories to the act.

#2. The answers being proposed in all seriousness by the anti legislation crowd, aren't even passable as anything other than a joke. Gun insurance? You've got to be kidding me, purchasing weapons is already enough of a hassle without having to try to find a company that won't rip me a new one just so they can deem me fit to own a firearm. NOT HAPPENING. Non-lethal firearms? That's just what I want in my hand when some mall shooter shows up in armor... "Please hold your fire Mr. Psychopath while I swap to my mag with the UNFRIENDLY BULLETS!"

This by the way, is representative of one of the most notoriously leftist liberal cities in the whole state.

When you get your truck packed, come on out here and see us Tom, we'd love to have more people of your caliber out here. We'll call up alelks, telluwhat, DrDover, and anybody else I can find and go ride ATVs and ya'll can have some plants, animals, and beverages all on my tab. It'll be like the NC 308AR meet and greet. :happydrunks: Consider that a standing offer, you are welcome any time.  <thumbsup>

I'd like to hear feedback from anybody else who watched it. I think it's a pretty good cross section of what both sides of the discussion are thinking and saying right now.

I wish I had the internet to watch this sadly i am only alloted 3 gigabytes a month is there anyway someone can put this on a dvd? all my people either live in NC or are originally from NC  lets have a pig pickin and shoot guns...

I've got an e-mail in to the station to see if I can get you a DVD brother. Come on out to the great state of NC any time you like, I'd love to meet anyone here from the forum.

Well, I'm still trying to digest all of that. It still seems like, for the most part, "same old same old" type of debate. You get people from both sides, they make thier points, then nothing comes from it. What really changes? Though I do believe that the debate needs to be had.

Brian and Jane, to me, had some really strong, well thought statements for the leftist of this world. The county sheriff from the audience was also spot on with his opinions.

The only problem being...is that no matter what people like us think or say to anti-gun people...we'll never, never change thier opinion. It's so engrained into them that ALL guns are evil. Only police and military should have them (which we all know is rediculous). They just don't get it. They never will. They wanna dance around "assault weapons", and "hi-cap" mags. I especially liked it when that ignorant Gail spoke of hi-caps for revolvers. You gotta love how the audience reacted to that.

The only half-decent statement made by that guy Cecil, was about learning to shoot as a kid in boyscouts. And the fact that now, he chooses.....I'll say again....chooses not to have a gun. And it's fine, to me, if someone chooses not to own any weapons. But, the moment that they wanna start telling the rest of us what we can, and cannot choose. That's where I'll always have a major problem. And to me, that goes well beyond just weapons. Freedom of choice. Choose to be religious....or not. Choose to own weapons.....or not. Hell, choose to own cars....or not. Choose to (insert hobby or belief here).....or not.

Alright....I'm on the verge of really going off on a tangent here.

Enough soapbox time.................................for now.

Well, I'm still trying to digest all of that. It still seems like, for the most part, "same old same old" type of debate. You get people from both sides, they make thier points, then nothing comes from it. What really changes? Though I do believe that the debate needs to be had.

Brian and Jane, to me, had some really strong, well thought statements for the leftist of this world. The county sheriff from the audience was also spot on with his opinions.

The only problem being...is that no matter what people like us think or say to anti-gun people...we'll never, never change thier opinion. It's so engrained into them that ALL guns are evil. Only police and military should have them (which we all know is rediculous). They just don't get it. They never will. They wanna dance around "assault weapons", and "hi-cap" mags. I especially liked it when that ignorant Gail spoke of hi-caps for revolvers. You gotta love how the audience reacted to that.

The only half-decent statement made by that guy Cecil, was about learning to shoot as a kid in boyscouts. And the fact that now, he chooses.....I'll say again....chooses not to have a gun. And it's fine, to me, if someone chooses not to own any weapons. But, the moment that they wanna start telling the rest of us what we can, and cannot choose. That's where I'll always have a major problem. And to me, that goes well beyond just weapons. Freedom of choice. Choose to be religious....or not. Choose to own weapons.....or not. Hell, choose to own cars....or not. Choose to (insert hobby or belief here).....or not.

Alright....I'm on the verge of really going off on a tangent here.

Enough soapbox time.................................for now.

It's clear that changing minds is difficult, I'm not counting on doing that. However, it does give me hope to see that when this type of meeting is called, the majority represented are pro-gun. This is exactly what the whole country needs, for gun owners to get off their asses and represent themselves, not count on someone else to do it.

This is exactly what the whole country needs, for gun owners to get off their asses and represent themselves, not count on someone else to do it.

You hit the nail on the head right there Matt! The gun owners of this country need to speak up and be heard in a loud way. The gun grabbing politicians need to realize that they are opening a Pandora's box that will not be closed.