• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Someone is raising this young lady right. :)

alelks

• 10 months later...

Very cool brother.No doubt she is a good kid to get the privledge and you'r a good dad bringing her up right.

I'm the grandpa, a much easier task than raising her mother, there is no stress like the stress a father feels when raising a teenage daughter!

Neither my wife or my daughter have much interest in shooting but this young girl can't get enough range time and she's a straight A student!

Ive found that most women Ive shot with prefer and shoot exellent with a 1911.  Thats great, hopefully she can get involved with a group competition.

I must be handloading mine too heavy as my wife, oldest daughter and a friend's wife all shot through less than a single mag of the 1911 before calling it quits. Its a commander length too, so ligher and shorter barrel which may make the perceived recoil worse.

Yup, spoil them and send them home! Tom did that to MY grandson! The kid loved shooting Tom's 10/22 so much that I gave him my Glenfield Mod. 60 .22 rifle for Christmas along with a 325 ct. box of ammo. I told his dad when that was gone he was going to have to deal with finding more for the grandson to shoot! :auto: <laughs>

Shooting teams in schools? That's great to hear that! <thumbsup> There's nothing like that in the schools in this area these days. They've dropped the archery/shooting classes long ago around here. I think they dropped them shortly after I went through the public school system in the late 70's/early80's.

Shooting teams in schools? That's great to hear that! <thumbsup> There's nothing like that in the schools in this area these days. They've dropped the archery/shooting classes long ago around here. I think they dropped them shortly after I went through the public school system in the late 70's/early80's.

Yep, we have Pheasants Forever to thank for organizing it all. They lobbied land owners to donate the range locations. Many LEO's have volunteered to be instructors and coaches. So far there are 5 school districts involved but several more are looking hard at it.

There are plenty of studies that show training lowers the chances a kid will be involved in gun violence or a firearm related accident so this was the answer to the school shooting issue, logic prevailed <thumbsup>

Yup, spoil them and send them home! Tom did that to MY grandson! The kid loved shooting Tom's 10/22 so much that I gave him my Glenfield Mod. 60 .22 rifle for Christmas along with a 325 ct. box of ammo. I told his dad when that was gone he was going to have to deal with finding more for the grandson to shoot! :auto: <laughs>

Larry, I saw that one a mile off!  When you showed up AND had the grandson with ya!...  <lmao> 

Dawn Marie actually talked him into shooting something - he looked like he was intimidated by "the big kids..."  but she won him over.

float_tube_smiley.gif

Yeah yeah yeah, blame it on Dawn Marie! He was actually just intimidated by everything! He had never shot a gun before! I'll let his dad spend some time with him with the .22 then get him to shooting an AR-15. My daughter is gonna disown me! I've got the son-in-law talking about AR's and Harleys! <lmao>

Edited by 392heminut

I'm glad he is enjoying shooting, I guess I did encourage him a little... but I could tell he really wanted to do it. When you're that age guns can be loud and overwhelming, but with the proper encouragement and guidance they become a lot of fun quickly! Just look at you guys.  <laughs> 

He's a good kid and took to instruction very well! <thumbsup>

And what's not to like about that?

Well, every time I bring up Harleys around my son-in-law my daughter gives me the look! You know, THE LOOK! My first wife hated motorcycles (probably one reason we went our separate ways) and I believe some of that rubbed off on my daughter. <dontknow>

Edited by 392heminut