• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

why does anyone need a AR15?

Magwa

Sounds like the wrong bullets in the .243 rifle.  More solid, less bonded.

Hard to argue with .30-06's proven century+ of solid performance.

It's easy to get sucked into the new cartridge hype.  Lot's of deer still get dropped DRT with a .30-30 shooting hardcast lead.

Jon

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I see a pic of the Idaho wolf in that and it has grown to 212 lbs lol to the best of my knowledge it was a local guy here in Idaho that show that wolf i will check on it and it was supposed to weigh in the 180 range if I remember right  but it is good to see Wisconsin killing their share...

It wasnt killed in Wisconsin. The blog attributes it to Alberta, but thats the Internet. It gets shot in Idaho and somebody steals the picture and claims it for somewhere else. Wisconsin wolves are nowhere near that big. 100 pounds is probably average. That monster's ancestors had to come from western Canada wherever it was born. Biggest strain of wolves as of 1975 when I last studied them was the MacKenzie river strain out of Alberta, British Columbia and NW Territories. They averaged nearly 175 pounds. I am betting that is where they got the wolves transplanted to Idaho back in the early 90's.

That is true , the size does seem to be dropping here as they are getting hunted and as the prey base has now grown much smaller I assume they will average out at some point but in the last few years as they have found pockets of elk and deer that had not been effected the biggest seem to come from these areas...

I find that wi dnr post by naz in the link interesting, one in walwoth co (boarders IL) just to the east of where I live, and Dane (Madison is in the center of this co) which is the co just to the north of me. Both southern country's way way south of "where they should be"

Edited by shepp

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I know this is an old thread but the answer is simple. its called the BILL OF RIGHTS not the bill of needs.

So we don't have to justify a need to own something that isn't illegal in the first place. As far as that giant mutant alien wolf creature, good shooting and I would love to bag one myself.