• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

A Lesson

planeflyer21

On multiple levels.

First off, I don't think Dura Coat does anything that Krylon or Testors can't do.  Pricewise DC is probably a bit more than Testors oz to oz.  I would suggest getting the thinner Lauer sells.

The consistency of the two colors used was different, which I suppose should be expected.

Now the painting.  Waiting for it to get up to the recommended 68* or warmer, it finally hit the magic mark, so went outside and got everything ready.  As the session started, so did the wind.  Each day.  Calm as can be until the air sprayer starts up, which apparently causes palm tree shaking wind to build.

Next time (if there is one) I'll build a small booth or use the cat porch.

The small parts came out screwed.  They looked good after initially painting them, and a second coat also.  It was easy to get all around them by putting them on shishkabob sticks stuck in the dirt...and almost invisible to fat blind people.

Not so invisible to stick-chewing dogs.  <dontknow>

Once I found all the small parts again, they had dirt and plant material stuck on them.  >:(

At any rate, back to the different textures of the paint.  The pink atomized much more than the purple, leaving a feel sort of like Parkerizing.  The purple went on smooth and thick.

At any rate, I'm done screwing around with it.  Still need a charging handle...all the good ones seem to be out of stock.

Jon

post-1298-136297291323_thumb.jpg

post-1298-136297291329_thumb.jpg

post-1298-136297291332_thumb.jpg

post-1298-136297291337_thumb.jpg

You got hosed...that FDE and OD green look waaaay off. Might just be my sceeen <dontknow>

I'm sure it looks fantastic in person and the next one will be even better  <thumbsup> the girls are happy and you're a kickass father for customizing a sweet rifle for them. Now plaster the Internet with pictures of them shooting it at the range and you'll be able to hear libs cringing all over the world.