• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New member with new build

Goofball310

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

90% of my posts on ARF is just to sell things. It seems like anytime I post in their regular forum it turns into a pissing match.

One of my posts on there was about finding info for modifying the Pmag to fit into my Noveske. I specifically told them it was just a "range" shooter and wanted first hand experience from people that have done it. One of the first responses was that I shouldn't modify it because it makes the walls of the magazine too thin.  I then replied that I wasn't too worried about it being too thin unless it became a safety issue.

The whole thread went downhill from there about how I was wasting a magazine and should use the correct mag blah blah blah. I can care less about a $20 magazine and I'm not using the firearm in the "field". It's a range gun and if the magazine breaks and the bullets fall out, Guess what, I'm just going to get out of my seat and pick them up. A lot of people on there fail to realize that not everyone is LEO and military, and not every weapon is for hunting or personal self defense. I have hunting rifles and I have a judge for PSD.

I've really enjoyed my membership on here more than most other sites. When I first started this thread I posted that I needed a LPK and a few members on here tried to help me find kits, looked for kits that they had laying around, and offered up small parts that I needed during this build. I already know if I would've posted this on ARF they would've sold me a kit for $$$$$$ or just told me to post an update after I've found what I'm looking for. This site might be smaller than most but is definitely in a class above others.

Posts like this is EXACTLY why this all started and EXACTLY why I'm a stickler for civil conduct, lightheartedness and ego's checked at the door. It takes a group of like minded individuals and crazy bastards to make this happen.

We're better lookin too!

Except for Rsquared... His fugly mug is really putting a spike in the curve. We really just use him for his Armalites.

And Imschur with his fingerless paws....

And Wash, with all his bad scarring....

Oh, and 98Z5V resembles a silver back gorilla...

Did I mention how old Survivalshop and Heminut are, good looks left them during the Nixon admin....

Really, Unforgiven and MattCross (just his hands) are holding us together in the looks dept.

I'm not sure.......but I think I'm being insulted......by a biker cop no less.......from kalifonistan even more......... <lmao>

I'm not sure.......but I think I'm being insulted......by a biker cop no less.......from kalifonistan even more......... <lmao>

You and me both! That's alright though, we'll probably meet up at Helldorado, on Allen Street, at high noon, and you know how those things always end. The ugly guy is faster on the draw! :enguard: :auto: <lmao>

Ill trade you 98Z5V's pickup for it. Just have to do the deal when it's dark and he's asleep. Probably should roll the truck out of the driveway too. Dont want wake the neighbors either. :banana:

You got yourself a deal!

I can imagine it now, you and I pushing the truck down the street.

98 looking at us through his scope thinking, 2 clicks elevation w/ 5 mph left to right cross wind.

The whole time you and I are giggling like little girls saying I think we got away.

Yep, I'd get both you mf'ers, too, before you knew what happened.  You'd hear this noise that sounded like your buddy dropped a rotten Halloween pumpkin on the ground, and think to yourself  "all the sudden this damn truck got HEAVIER..."   Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...    :eek:  <laughs>

_sniper_.gif

I went to the gun show today with the rifle in hand with the sole intention of walking away with an MRAD. Walked up the the local Barrett dealer there with the rifle in hand and asked if they offer me a trade towards the MRAD and they declined to make me an offer but pointed me in the direction of a dealer that would. I walked over to the dealer showed them the rifle BS'd for a few minutes while they looked it up and they too came back and said they couldn't make an offer.

Oh well, I still have the N6 and she'll sit in my safe til I'm able to take her back out. The Barrett dealer quoted me $5000 out the door for a new 26" black MRAD or $6200 for their FDE which they had both displayed on the table (prices included shipping to Texas so no tax is included). The FDE was part of a full packaged deal for a Leupold scope and BORS put together from Barrett as a set for $8900. I talked them into separating the scope from the MRAD as I'm not a big Leupold fan.

That MRAD will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine.

Edited by Goofball310