• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Who makes this forearm?

Hi. This is from an ad for a DPMS LR-308. I like this forearm but I can't find one like it anywhere. The ad specifically said that it is not YHM. I want one with a top monorail like this and removable side & bottom rails. Troy has one similiar, but has a huge locking clamp on the bottom. I can't see that YHM has anything for the 308. thanks

post-11010-0-04152100-1364350708_thumb.j

Edited by Roughneck-2zero

The ad was on GB awhile back.

Post a pic of your actual poop man, and maybe we can figure it out.  Pics-of-pics-from-somwhere-else dont really help much.  Don't throw up a pic of someone else's ad, and ask what the hell it is - damn near impossible, when you're relying n thieir GB ad.  At that point, you should have asked the seller what it was, ans not us...  <dontknow>

First, thanks for all the input. I looked into several of the models you guys mentioned. Troy has one similiar. This one could be an older, discontinued DPMS model. I'm just looking into lightening my SASS a bit. It's 16 lbs with the glass on it. I dont use any of the side rails and only use the front of the bottom rail to mount my bi-pod. What do you guys think about the Carbon-Fiber forearms? I'll try to repost the pic of my 308's. Since then I've added another AP4 and put better glass on the SASS.

post-11010-0-21985100-1364589694_thumb.j

Edited by Roughneck-2zero

I hate to keep running this post out, but I haven't found another thread that covers this exactly.

Anyway, I measured the thickness of the rail above the charging handle. My AP-4 measures 5mm and my SASS is 3.5mm, so the AP4 rail is taller. That means it's older, but more aftermarket quadrails will fit it also, right?