• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

SI Defense Bolt Carrier Group

imschur

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FailZero coating on it sounds VERY nice.  I hate to say it in this context, but the SBR bug I'm going through right now has me dreaming of a .308 SBR next...  :o <dontknow>

Spike's Billet .308 upper and lower (it's on the way sometime in the future) with this BCG and a 12.5" barrel.  Suppressed, of course.  <thumbsup>

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I pre-ordered mine when I bought my receiver set. I got the receiver set last week (pics coming). They wrote and said the BCG is in HIGH demand and is at the top of their priority list. I'm excited about it!

Now quit distracting me, I'm still hunting down a carbon fiber barrel

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Emailed SI Defense last night and got a reply this morning.  Josh said they were 1-2 months out.  I placed my order.  Price for the 308 BCG in 416 Stainless Steel is going to tap out my funds for a while and the remaining parts I need (Barrel, Gas Block, and Forearm) are going to have to wait until September/October.

Keep being patient. Any online vendor that wants to have a good reputation will try to be as expedient as possible with shipping. In other words, if you're having to wait on something, they may just as well be waiting on the same thing. I'm gonna be patient and expect the end result to be worth it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a little Monday morning update.

I just got an email from Josh Sonju at SI-Defense. He advised that the carriers were indeed finished and expected back from coating. The bolts, on the other hand, are still being shotpeened and coated with a "pretty soon" ETA.

I hope you guys interested made your pre-orders. They up'd the price for all new orders by a considerable jump. I think a BCG w/ the SS option is now $600!!  :o