• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Black rain Ordnance multical lower receiver

That's a Seekins Precision, isn't it?

Yes, it's a Seekins Precision SP223 lower. Greg has listened to me whine about getting one for months and I just had to do it. They're popping up again every 4-7 weeks through JoeBobOutfitters and a small number of others, but I just got it from Rainier Arms. Hopefully they got my FFL and it goes through smoothly. I haven't dealt with them for firearms purchases before.

Those little bastards typically sell out w/i a half an hour! Thank God for smart phones.

Yeah. I've got a couple of the SP15's (forged) sitting at my local gun pusher waiting on the Maryland gestapo to clear them. They seem to be nice quality products. I'm looking forward to building out those lowers. The SP223 is the billet lower right?

Yeah. I've got a couple of the SP15's (forged) sitting at my local gun pusher waiting on the Maryland gestapo to clear them. They seem to be nice quality products. I'm looking forward to building out those lowers. The SP223 is the billet lower right?

Good choice too. I have one stripped SP15 in my safe and it's top quality. I haven't decided to build on it or not. A friend might buy it off me but he always talks a good game but never follows through. The SP223 is a billet lower. It will be my "pretty" gun. This will be the one that I'll build off of and will eventually get a matching upper and rail for it, cerakote it, etc...

If and when the gun frenzy dies down, I'll try to get one of these 80%'s...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=341227113

The co. that sells them is friggin out of their minds for the price they want. Too bad because no one else makes anything like it, from what I've seen. The Seekins is close.

Oh....and you've never done that?

And it was by accident. My apologies to survivalshop. We can go back to the Black Rain Ordnance talk now.

True.Black Rain seems to commonly be going for double the MSRP on GB...shocking. It's always great when you can get a good price on one.

I really want to get a hell breaker lower, but can't justify the $$

Easy, it's your fault I like that one too. 300 is a crazy markup. At least it's finished, unlike the 80 that I linked. If they have a buy it now price of 329 than what on earth do they want for a finished and anodized one? Not even worth asking. Edited by jrtmasp

• 2 weeks later...

Several billet makers are doing the tension screw in the lower now, and for awhile.  Ones that come to mind are Spike's (their 5.56, and eventually 7.62, if the make it) and Mega.  Seekins probably has it, since they made the Spike's billet uppers and lowers.  I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones I have personal knowledge of.  It's something that needs to gain in popularity, for sure.  <thumbsup>