• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Top shot

sketch

Any one watching top shot on history? Have you tried any of the trick shots? Which one is your best shot? I'm gonna pratice the axe split shot I think it is a tuff shot to make 3 times also will give the double plates simotainious shot a close 2nd as difficulty goes!

I used to shoot black powder matches full time made the axe shot many times one that is harder is a playing card turned sideways you have to cut it in half... gumballs looked good to no stick all gunball but i loved the 2 cans with second in air with 1911

Edited by Magwa

I like how they dropped all the drama and now just focused on the shooting part of the show a big improvement. I wish there was range around that would replicate the stuff that they do for us regular shooters that would be awesome. <thumbsup>  Sort of like an amusement park for us shooters     

I like how they dropped all the drama and now just focused on the shooting part of the show a big improvement. I wish there was range around that would replicate the stuff that they do for us regular shooters that would be awesome. <thumbsup> Sort of like an amusement park for us shooters

Maybe ill have to start watching again the drama is why I stopped. Outdoor channel wed night is hard to beat plus they have their own show like it, elite tactical unit which is also good. Most these guys are swat, not that I've even shot 1000 yards before but I expected them to be alil better at 1000 yards on the .338 lupa

Maybe ill have to start watching again the drama is why I stopped. Outdoor channel wed night is hard to beat plus they have their own show like it, elite tactical unit which is also good. Most these guys are swat, not that I've even shot 1000 yards before but I expected them to be alil better at 1000 yards on the .338 lupa

I was about to write that same thing.  I watched the shooting and fast-forwarded through the drama.  Then the show was only about 15 minutes long

Shepp, Colby was pretty instrumental in getting the "drama" cut out of the show. I've been following him on twitter since the series started, he tweets live while the show is on, and after season 2/3 started the down hill slide for the show, alot of people were complaining about the show turning into another reality show disaster. He even took the time to respond to a couple of my tweets about giving up watching if something didn't change. Had it not been for his "heads up" about hanging in there because change was coming, I would have quit watching after season 3. He's a gun guy himself and has a big ranch in Texas called Texas Triggers where they have a lot of the Top Shot show challenges set up for guests of the ranch to try. His latest is a video of Ryan Cleckner hitting a 1000 yard shot standing up with the Barrett M107 you can see it on You Tube, just look up Texas Triggers 1000 yard shot. I tried to paste the link here...

Oh, and Kelly is my pick too!

Regards,

Paul

Edited by arcangel167