• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

How members can support this site.

imschur

Many sites and search providers have changed their tactics in an unfair manner and we are no longer on an even playing field.

Example: If your at a non gun site and a Brownells or Cabelas advertisement pops up they saw your cookie from a legit site like ours and bumped our cookie with theirs.

Whenever possible and all things being equal please visit and utilize our sponsors and advertisers through the links on this site.

Thank you!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a bulleted list of how members can help.

1. All things being equal buy from our advertisers. But key to that is using the links here to visit the advertisers site. This ensures we get credit for the traffic and clicks.

2. Spread the word to increase member numbers (don't spam though) Membership is everything to potential advertisers and sponsors.

3. Spread the word to manufacturers, builders and stores - If you have dialog with someone about something you saw here make sure they are aware of this site and forum.

4.Reviews and articles - Detailed articles and reviews that I can use at the main site or any of my sites are extremely helpful. Content is king. Search engines like unique content.

5. Google "Starred Results" - If during a Google search this site shows up click the star. See the attachment below. This will also help your site searches here through Google.

I will add more later.

post-1-136297265601_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

......and go easy on my truck  <laughs>

I'll try...  <dontknow> ;D

What's the current font that you used on what we have now?  I've got a buddy that'll just about have anything you'll need - he's got 53,000 fonts for his printing business.  <thumbsup>

• 2 months later...

Bumping this for the membership. Nobody has offered up anything for item #4  :'(

Here's a bulleted list of how members can help.

1. All things being equal buy from our advertisers. But key to that is using the links here to visit the advertisers site. This ensures we get credit for the traffic and clicks.

2. Spread the word to increase member numbers (don't spam though) Membership is everything to potential advertisers and sponsors.

3. Spread the word to manufacturers, builders and stores - If you have dialog with someone about something you saw here make sure they are aware of this site and forum.

4.Reviews and articles - Detailed articles and reviews that I can use at the main site or any of my sites are extremely helpful. Content is king. Search engines like unique content.

I will add more later.

• 1 year later...

Unlike most other sites we allow the posting of any retailer link (except for a few we dont recomend and have banned).

This site operates solely on revenue from sponsors/advertisers and my pocket. We ask no financial support from members.

Lately there has been a lot of posts with the best deals on this or this or that and many times is less expensive then what our spnosors or advertisers offer.

Please keep in mind that often these other retailers do not put anything back in to the shooting sport whether it be sponsoring matches, charity functions or sites like this.

As I have stated numerous times, support those that support us when possible and financially reasonable to do so.

Thanks!!

Guest LLArms

I try and order from Brownells whenever I can by going through this website.

I wish these websites would simply enable an entry on the check out screen (maybe a drop down list) to signify which website we hail from. Would make it a hell of a lot easier than the current setup.

With this setup (referring to how referral links work, not this website specifically) its easy to go to a sponsors website, order, and then realize "Bloops, forgot to access through the website".

Guest LLArms

I actually bookmarked Brownells through this site. Now I always go through the link, whether or not I come here first.

I had not considered that. Thanks for the heads up!  <thumbsup>

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I am new to the gun world and this forum,  Over the past 9 months I have collected parts for 3 ar builds and reloading equipent for 5 different calibers, I have used brownells for over 90% of the purchases, Good to know I made the right choice in supplier.

• 6 months later...

imshur (and other Administrators)  have you looked into Amazon.com?  I have a friend and photography associate, Ken Rockwell, and one of the ways he gets help is a direct link from his website to Amazon.  It appears that they (Amazon.com) will pay him when someone buys something from their web site, no matter if it's photography gear, luggage, soap, razor blades of anything.  As long as you go to Amazon.com from "his" link and buy, he gets some credit for it.   If you can provide a link on this site, and set up the same thing as he did, perhaps you can also get some kickback from people buying things there.  Beauty of it is that it does not have to be firearms related, just anything.  You want a new part for your lawn mower, new LED light bulb, or a new set of .308 reloading dies.  Should not matter, and you get something just for them going there... from here.  His link that has that info I was mentioning.  http://www.kenrockwell.com/links.htm#stores  BTW, he has some really cool and useful info on his web site as well for those interested in anything photgraphic, such as techniquest and the like.

Vern

imshur (and other Administrators)  have you looked into Amazon.com?  I have a friend and photography associate, Ken Rockwell, and one of the ways he gets help is a direct link from his website to Amazon.  It appears that they (Amazon.com) will pay him when someone buys something from their web site, no matter if it's photography gear, luggage, soap, razor blades of anything.  As long as you go to Amazon.com from "his" link and buy, he gets some credit for it.   If you can provide a link on this site, and set up the same thing as he did, perhaps you can also get some kickback from people buying things there.  Beauty of it is that it does not have to be firearms related, just anything.  You want a new part for your lawn mower, new LED light bulb, or a new set of .308 reloading dies.  Should not matter, and you get something just for them going there... from here.  His link that has that info I was mentioning.  http://www.kenrockwell.com/links.htm#stores  BTW, he has some really cool and useful info on his web site as well for those interested in anything photgraphic, such as techniquest and the like.

Vern

I know a couple other forums that do this too. Good idea.

Edited by FaRKle!