• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

muzzel break for 300 win mag

MONTANA308

Rifle was suppose to be here yesterday. So i head down to pick her up this morning had my 6-24 bushnel tactical under my arm thinking mount it up bore sight it and head to the range. NOPE fedex didn't deliver it yesterday so know i gotta Jones till Tuesday just to even get it. Its sitting in GrwatFalls MT 4.5 hours away. What a let down.

Ya I have an SI Defence muzzle brake , but I wasnt sure if it would work on the WM so I called them and asked if it would be ok. Was a new guy I hadn't talked to before said he would ask and call me back. He never called back. So was looking at other options. I feel like if it's threaded 5/8 24 you would think they all would work but I would hate to be wrong.

I see gemtech has a new one out for magnums been looking there too.

What is Nemo using on there 300WM AR . I'm sure most of the major Surpresssor manufacturers know what works & what doesn't for that cal.

Just because its the same thread size , doesn't necessarily mean it will work the best ,but the PRI brake that's on my 20" 308 AR looks like you would have a hard time over pressurizing it.

I looked hard at those and still my get one but the one aac had for the 300wm/338lp was almost 300 bucks im sure the breakout would work but would the suppressor hold up to 300. Probly would. If i don't like the BABC will be spending the money on a AAC product. Exspecialy when i finally find the money for a can.

• 1 month later...

Well the 300 has been a long road. i put BABC on didn't work very well on the 300 recoil reduction was minimal. Plus the sound coming from it made my ears ring with muffs. Scary loud. Plus it wouldn't group with this on so i thought. Strike two found out my Bushnell tac elite 4200 was no good. So i sent it make to Bushnell. Yesterday at my LGS a brand new bushnell tactical ERS should up. They sent me brand new scope. I also orderd up a surefire socom 7.62 brake and it showed up yesterday too.

The 300 is back in commishin back to the 1000yard line.

Went with surefire so i can run there can at some point. Lot of great brakes out there but wanted at least one that was suppresser ready. The BABC looked fn cool but the noise was unbearable. Shot 20 rounds 180g hornady superperformance one after noon through the BABC and my head hurt ears rang for at least 2days

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...