• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Miss. , Ala. ,Fla. Gulf Coast 30 caliber shooters

czech

Do we have any of the Gulf Coast states 30 caliber AR shooters around. I'm in the Ala coastal region. I attend Pensacola and Baldwin Co. , Ala shooting events/ranges.

Just wanted to say Hi and see who was out there.

Czech

• 3 months later...

Anyone near Houston , MS.? I'll be working there till the end of summer and I'm dying to find a place to shoot my AR-10..........couldn't find any public ranges within 100 miles :-[

Thanks for your service! Man there isn't much around there, I would suggest making some phone calls/emails to the Mississippi Department of Wildlife,Fisheries & Parks. Some of the Wildlife Management Areas may have shooting ranges or possibly they can tip you off to a private range in the area. http://www.mdwfp.com/wildlife-hunting/wmas.aspx

Another option is to look just across the state line in Alabama > http://home.hiwaay.net/~stargate/seasons/ranges.htm

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone near Houston , MS.? I'll be working there till the end of summer and I'm dying to find a place to shoot my AR-10..........couldn't find any public ranges within 100 miles :-[

Ended up shelling out a $100 to join a club north of Starkville. Nice setup with locked gates, limited membership and an indoor range in case it is raining. Have the place to myself every time I show up at 7 am. <thumbsup>  :auto:

• 1 month later...

Big kudos to the Starkville MS. PD! C:-)  I had an auto accident last Sunday morning in Starkville Mississippi. I was on my way from the range to get groceries when an old guy turned in front of me, hit at about 35 and totaled my car, rang my bell a bit :ugone2far: . I had a can of empty casings and a can of loose 5.56 that got scattered all over the front seat area, a P226 MK25 and a 1911 both in thigh rigs with loaded mags sitting on the passenger seat floor, and a Sig PM400 in a case with a loaded 100 round SF mag that was tossed to the front :eek: . They paramedics were starting to put me on a back board for a ride to the ER when the police arrived. I started to explain I had a conceal carry permit that covered the uncased weapons, they said no worry, they didn't need to see it. I asked if they could secure my weapons, no problem, they safety checked them and hauled them to the evidence locker then caught me at the ER and gave me the numbers I needed to get them back as well as complimenting me on all the "Great looking kit". I was invited to shoot a tactical course with them at the range as soon as I was up to it. When I picked them up a couple days later everything including the ammo was neatly packed up in my range bag and rifle case, a great bunch of guys and all TRUE American law enforcement, Protect and Serve! <thumbsup>

Thanks guys! <thumbsup>  Did a head on at twice the speed once and walked away without a "scratch" so I was feeling a little wimpy about the ambulance ride, then I remembered how bad the broken neck from that one felt the next day so I thought I better swallow the pride and let them check me over. Damn Rangers flipped some switch in my brain that makes me think pain is good and then never flipped it back when they were done with me <dontknow> , the $hit is starting to accumulate with age now :wacko:, being OK has become a sliding scale, all one way!

I'll for sure be OK enough to give the boys from the PD a run! :auto:

^^^  Amen to that! 

Damn glad you're okay, brother!  That's an awesome story of local PD, too - that is cool.  Take them up on that range offer - stuff like that opens doors.  <thumbsup>

• 3 weeks later...

Do we have any of the Gulf Coast states 30 caliber AR shooters around. I'm in the Ala coastal region. I attend Pensacola and Baldwin Co. , Ala shooting events/ranges.

Just wanted to say Hi and see who was out there.

Czech

Hey neighbor

I'm in baldwin co also (Robertsdale)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm over here in Cantonment,however I attend the Robertsdale Gun Show twice a year or so. Great show,different that the "same ol' - same ol' shows over here(P'cola and Milton). More small vendors with some down to earth prices than the bigger gun shops with everything marked UP from MSRP. --- pruhdlr